Fwd: transportation needed, Jewish Music Festival - "cultural ambassadors"

  • Attn2detail@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2011
    Taking the liberty of forwarding this.

    There's a hot line-up, it starts this weekend, and here's a last minute chance to volunteer in exchange for not only great music, but an unusual opportunity.

    http://www.jewishmusicfestival.org/

    I've done this - played chauffeuse to speakers and performers, for this festival and for the Arab Film Festival. Lemme tell ya, this is a *great* opportunity. Just by being the Knowledgeable Local Schlepper, I've done a good deed and developed friendships that have lasted for years with artists and speakers from all over the place, and had a great time in the process.

    -- Hester

    In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us
    to be  afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they do
    not have a real enemy, they will invent one in order to mobilize us.
    ~  Thich Nhat Hanh