November 2 and 9 in Nevada City

  • David Unterman
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      Correction for some of you--here is what is really happening Nov 2 and Nov 9, with Nevada County Folkdancers at Nevada City United Methodist Church, 433 Broad St:

      Our holiday pause arrives early this year. Friday Nov. 2 we'll have recorded music, from 8 p.m., and we'll keep refreshing our memories regarding the bouncy Turkish dances from Karen and Jan and other favorites. We'll dance your requests too. Doors are open by 7:45.

      Friday, November 9 will be the last dance until January, and Village Folk Orkestra will play for us, including premieres of several pieces. Podruzhki, the fine local choir, will also have new songs to sing. Doors open at 7:30, music starts 8 sharp. Parking can be tough, so arriving early can be a smart thing. Locals--please bring snacks if it's handy.
      This is a great time to introduce folks to international folk music. They can sit and listen, or they can hop in on easy dances early in the evening.

      Info--530-272-2149 or dance7@...