RE: New Visa Rule

  • Ganka Hadjipetrova
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2002
      Dear friends,

      I need to correct a mistake - the rule would not limit tourist stays to 30
      days but would eliminate the minimum allowable period of 6 months. I am
      attaching below a quote to that effect taken from the INS site citing that
      there will be many cases when the stay could be limited to 30 days,
      depending on the purpose of the trip.

      I am very sorry for my mistake. It is very important to be accurate with the
      facts when trying to enlist the support of others and to profess serious
      engagement with a cause. So please excuse my mistake.
      Still, read the petition and prevent this rule from giving the power to
      border officials to make arbitrary decisions and limit the chance of so many
      to enjoy this country and be with their family and friends.

      Sincerely,
      Ganka