Egypt memories on the radio, Raqia's techniques on DVD, Interns needed

  • Hala
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 2:13 PM
      Greetings to all,
      Please scroll down to your topic of interest:

      1. Sat Aug 6th, Audrey, Cathy & Debbie share their memories from Egypt
      on KKUP 91.5FM: 6:00-7:30pm (South San Francisco Bay Area, CA)

      2. Raqia Hassan's technique videos are now available on DVD. Limited
      numbers of Volumes II and III available

      3. Hala Dance classes & events

      4. Interns needed
      Sat Aug 6th, 2005 6:00 - 7:30pm:
      Our monthly Middle Eastern music & culture show on KKUP, Cupertino.
      91.5FM in south San Francisco bay (Mountain View all the way to
      Monterey Bay and some parts of east bay). This month we'll interview
      3 of our local dancers who just returned from a dance tour to Egypt.
      They will be sharing their experiences and favorite music from there.
      Your events and musical requests are also welcome. Please send them
      to hala@... before Friday Aug 5th at noon.
      Raqia Hassan's excellent dance techniques and choreographies are now
      available on DVDs. We have a limited number of volumes 2 & 3 for
      sale, $30 each.
      Volume 2 contains 3 choreographies: "Efred" by Hakim, "Ansaak" by Om
      Kolthoum and a song from Raqia & Yousry Sherif's album "Wash ya Wash".
      Volume 3 contains 4 choreographies: "Matboseleesh" by Hakim, "Es'al
      Roohak" by Om Kolthoum, "Gayy fi eh" Saidi, and cane choreographies
      including men's double cane.
      Payment accepted by check or PayPal. Please email hala@...
      if interested.
      Our events page is now updated. We have a lot of upcoming
      performances and we'd love to see you there. Details on
      http://www.HalaDance.com under 'events'

      Hala Dance Classes:
      Fridays 5:30 - 6:30pm: Stanford class at Bechtel International Center.
      Open to all. We have 3 more classes left. No class on Aug 12th.
      Open to drop-ins.

      Mondays 7-8pm: Core Fitness Studio at 1070 Lincoln Ave, San Jose, CA.

      Tuesdays 5:30-6:30pm: Hala Dance studio class. Open to all levels.
      Contact us for directions.

      Wednesdays Teachers Training class at Hala Dance studio 5:30 - 6:30pm.
      For people who would like to earn extra income while dancing. Whether
      you've been teaching dance for years or just considering it, this
      class will train you in the Hala Dance method of teaching. The Hala
      Dance approach has proven to be the fastest, most efficient way to
      bring about a broad cultural, musical and aesthetic understanding of
      the art of Middle Eastern Dance.

      Wednesdays Troupe Rehearsals at 7:00pm: No previous performance
      experience is required, just your beautiful self, your enthusiasm and
      dedication. We meet once a week on Wednesday evenings
      Interns are needed to help with business work for Hala Dance.
      Learn valuable skills while contributing to the community of Middle
      Eastern dance, music & culture. There are several positions available:

      Publicity Director
      Will train. Meet the important contacts in the Middle Eastern dance
      business while learning how the business works in the information age.

      Web Site Maintenance and Design
      Work in an html editor and Photoshop to update the HalaDance.com web
      site. Will train.

      A commitment of 3-6 hours weekly.

      Interested parties should contact hala@...

      With warm regards,