California SF Bay Area: Zabava! performances

  • bill@thecopes.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2005
      Zabava! means PARTY!

      Friday night, April 1st at Cabrillo and Wednesday night, April 6th at
      Ashkenaz we'll be playing Bulgarian, Greek, Macedonian, and Rom dance
      music to drive your feet wild! Details below...

      You can find our setlist for both nights here, which, just may give you
      some really good reasons to come to these gigs:

      http://balkantunes.org/zabava/Pages/2005spring_zabava_setlist.pdf

      Band members are:

      Julie Graffagna -- vocals and tambura
      Rich Schultz -- kavals and percussion
      Brian Fox -- tamburas and guitar
      Michele Simon -- darabuka and tupan, and some vocals, if we're lucky!
      Bill Cope -- gajdas, tamburas, and bouzouki

      Mark Forry will also be joining us for a few tunes at Cabrillo!

      Cabrillo:
      ======
      Friday, April 1, 2005
      7:30-11:00 pm
      (Teaching in the first half-hour.)
      At Cabrillo College, Aptos, Room 1117 in the gym complex

      $5.00 + $2.00 for parking in the lots

      BRING: Finger food and $ for the tip basket

      Parking note: If the regular lot (K) is full, try lot L, downhill from
      the dance studio, or the parking garage (A & B), across Soquel Drive, on
      the main campus.

      Campus map: http://www.cabrillo.edu/home/aboutcabrillo/map.jpg
      Room 1117 is on the northwest (upper left) corner of the Gymnasium 1100.

      Ashkenaz:
      =======
      Wednesday, April 6, 2005
      7:30-8:30 pm -- Dance lesson with Jerry Duke!
      8:30-11:30 -- Zabava!
      $9

      Free parking is available on the street or across the street.

      http://www.ashkenaz.com/