March 5-People Like Me Performance 11am

  • joycexopo
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      From: dudka <dudka@...>
      I want to let you know about what I think will be a spectacular
      performance on the *morning* of March 5. (Yes, I'm in it, no, I'm
      not the spectacular part!)

      It's a program called "People Like Me" and it's at Herbst Theatre in
      San Francisco, 11:00 a.m. http://www.worldartswest.org/plm/guide/

      It's oriented towards children (there's a rather bogus "science
      lesson" subtext) but for anyone who likes international dance or
      music, particularly for any percussion fans, this is a FABULOUS show.
      Groups from Poland, Indonesia, Korea, Senegal, and Argentina. The
      tango couple are just so so so cute! The lead Korean drummer (or is
      she a dancer? performance artist? see for yourself and decide!)
      fascinates me even though I've seen it over and over by now. And
      when all the drummers get together in the lobby after the show, watch
      out!

      Hope to see you there,
      Susan
      --
      To handle yourself, use your head. To handle others, use your heart.