(Singapore, Sembawang Park) Invitation to 2010 Myanmar Traditional Water Festival (Thagyan) & Donation Ceremony to the Elderly
- A Warm Invitation to 2010 Myanmar Traditional Water Festival (Thagyan) & Donation Ceremony to the Elderly
2010 Thagyan Organizing Committee spearheaded by venerable monks wholeheartedly is going to celebrate the joyous occasion of Thagyan Water Festival at the spectacular Sembawang Park, Singapore on April 11, 2010 (Sunday) for all Myanmar families in Singapore.
A brief program outline is as follow:
- Paying respect & donation to the elderly by medicines, religious books, CDs
- Sa-tu-di-thar (free food donation to everyone) with Myanmar traditional eateries
- Myanmar traditional performances and contemporary entertainment programs by Myanmar artists working/studying here in Singapore
- Poem readings by the lovely kids who are the students of the temple (Dhamma Garden)
- Traditional water splashing activities
It is also a great get-together of long-lost friends and a good networking event for our brothers and sisters who are working and studying here in Singpore.
Therefore, please do not miss the rare chance given by the organizing committee and let’s have fun together in Thagyan….
Let’s cleanse our mind and start our new year with refreshing thagyan spirit….
For those devotees who want to donate food (sa-tu-di-thar), medicine, sponsor the event, please contact the following:
Sponsors will be acknowledged on the stage backdrop poster with their logos and occasional stage announcement will be made.
Please maintain our nationality status and culture by not drinking liquor and avoiding rude behaviors.
With Mettahttp://www.dhammadownload.com/on behalf of2010 Thagyan Water Festival Organizing Committee