Peninsula Cities Consortium meetings to introduce HSR CSS process
- Published Tuesday, November 3, 2009 by the Peninsula Cities Consortium
Below is the agenda for this Friday's Peninsula Cities Consortium meeting, which will include a brief introduction to Context Sensitive Solutions by Hal Kassoff, a nationally known expert on the subject who has been invited by the Peninsula Rail program for the California High Speed Rail Authority to lead the process on the Peninsula. Don't miss this meeting! It will begin at 8:45 a.m. this Friday in the Council Chambers at Burlingame City Hall, 501 Primrose Road. No reservations are necessary.
Context Sensitive Solutions (CSS) <http://tinyurl.com/yzert2p> presents a unique opportunity for Peninsula residents to participate in the high speed rail project. The process has been used for many years in highway projects and is being incorporated for the first time in a rail project here on the Peninsula. In addition, in the past it has only been used in a traditional public outreach environment (public hearings, written comments, etc.), and members of the Peninsula Cities Consortium <http://peninsularail.com> are proposing that it be elevated with a Web 2.0 interface to allow more people -- including experts from around the world -- to give input.
There will be two other opportunities on Wednesday, November 4 to learn about CSS from Hal Kassoff. Reservations were due November 1, but you still may be able to obtain a space by emailing prp@... or calling Camille Tsao at (415) 836-5604:
* The Peninsula Rail program has invited each city on the rail line to send three representatives -- an elected official, a staff member and a community leader -- to an afternoon meeting from 2 to 5 p.m. on Wednesday in the Lane Community Room at the main Burlingame Public Library, 480 Primrose Road. Others may attend as well, if additional spots are available. (Please note that the last PCC enewsletter had the wrong location.)
* The public is welcome at an evening meeting on Wednesday from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Council Chambers at Burlingame City Hall, 501 Primrose Road.
Burlingame City Council
Peninsula Cities Consortium (PCC)
Friday, November 6, 2009, 8:45 am
Council Chambers, 501 Primrose Road, Burlingame
Chair Yoriko Kishimoto, City of Palo Alto
Vice Chair Rich Cline, City of Menlo Park
Jerry Carlson, City of Atherton
Jerry Deal, City of Burlingame
Christine Wozniak, City of Belmont
1. Approval of minutes of October 23, 2009
2. Orientation for new attendees
3. Content Sensitive Solutions - Hal Kassoff
4. Review draft letter to HSRA on business plan and economic assumptions
5. Public comments
6. Public input for future agenda items
[BATN: See also:
CSS expert to explain community input process for Peninsula HSR