Letter: You can help save Mountain View's VTA bus line 34

  • 9/4 Mountain View Voice
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2009
      Published Friday, September 4, 2009, by the Mountain View Voice

      Letters to the Editor

      You can help save Line 34

      As someone who runs an independent transit advocacy and watchdog group <http://www.vtaridersunion.org> in San Jose, I have always told people that they have the right to express their concerns to the VTA's Board of Directors. They meet every first Thursday of most months throughout the year. They will meet Sept. 3 at 5:30 p.m. at the County Supervisors' Chambers, 70 W. Hedding Street, San Jose.

      In addition, there is a bill in Congress, HR 2746, that allows transit agencies like the VTA to use more federal funding for transit operations. Currently, transit agencies are restricted from using some federal transit capital funding for operations. Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren of San Jose is one of over 50 co-sponsors of this bill. All Mountain View residents should contact Anna Eshoo, their representative in Congress, and urge her to co-sponsor this bill.

      Let's make sure to let our officials -- from San Jose Mayor Chuck Reed, who sits on the VTA board, to Anna Eshoo in Congress -- know how important Line 34 is to the local economy.

      Eugene Bradley
      Santa Cruz

      [BATN: See also:

      Comment: Mountain View should fight to keep VTA route 34

      Letter: Eliminating VTA bus route 34 would be shortsighted

      Editorial: VTA should save line 34, a lifeline for seniors

      VTA may eliminate line 34 -- crucial for Mountain View seniors