Letter: HSRA's Kopp thanks RWC mayor for backing partnership

  • 2/27 San Mateo Journal
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2009
      Published Friday, February 27, 2009, by the San Mateo Daily Journal

      Grateful for high-speed rail partnership support

      The Daily Journal received this letter addressed to Redwood City
      Mayor Rosanne Foust:

      Thank you for your Feb. 13 letter and expression of strong support
      for the creation of a partnership between the California High-Speed
      Rail Authority and Caltrain. That cooperation agreement should be
      completed by counsel for the authority and counsel for Caltrain in
      time for action by the authority board at its March 5 meeting at
      Sacramento City Hall.

      Thank you also for your recommendation of a status and explanation
      report concerning future design and construction decisions and
      opportunity for citizens and city comment. All interested parties
      are indeed entitled to reliable, understandable information, as
      you aptly observe. Unfortunately, unreliable, inaccurate and even
      intemperate statements have emanated recently from not just private
      parties, but even elected local officials. I find that deplorable.

      I compliment Redwood City on its time and attention respecting the
      project, so crucial to California's transportation and economic
      future. Your time and attention is consistent with the spectacular
      redevelopment of downtown Redwood City, a reformation I am pleased
      to witness every day.

      Quentin L. Kopp
      Sacramento

      The writer is the chair of the California High-Speed Rail Authority.