Man killed "running around naked" on I-280 in SF

  • 1/24 Bay City News
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2006
      Published Tuesday, January 24, 2006, by Bay City News

      Naked man hit, killed on S.F. highway

      All lanes of southbound Interstate 280 at Alemany Boulevard in San
      Francisco have been re-opened following a fatal accident early this
      morning that blocked all lanes and caused traffic to be diverted
      onto Alemany Boulevard.

      A man who had been running around naked on the freeway was killed
      when he was struck by a white Ford Ranger pickup truck around 2:12
      a.m., according to California Highway Patrol Officer Gabriel Potter.
      The man was confirmed dead at 2:19 a.m., Potter said.

      The driver of the pickup truck pulled over at an entrance to a
      nearby Bay Area Rapid Transit station. BART police, as well as the
      CHP, responded to the incident.

      A Sig-alert was issued at 2:23 a.m. and lifted at 3:48 a.m.,
      according to Potter.

      Get the latest on this and other traffic situations with our real-
      time road reports at http://traffic.mercurynews.com