Letter: New Caltrian schedule makes me unhappy

  • 8/23 SJ Mercury
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2005
      Published Tuesday, August 23, 2005, in the San Jose Mercury News

      Caltrain service hasn't improved

      Regis Paul Marcelin-Sampson (Letters, Aug. 20
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BATN/message/26067>) is not correct
      that Baby Bullet trains improve service. Since their arrival,
      Caltrain service has not improved.

      We had no weekend trains for two years while Caltrain prepared for the
      Baby Bullets. I could live with that if we were getting fast trains,
      but the Baby Bullets run only during weekday commute hours. No
      weekend service, no midday service. Also, service to Tamien station
      has been reduced -- only every other train goes that far now -- and
      the service to Gilroy has been reduced. I love taking the train,
      especially since San Francisco has extended the N street car line
      [BATN: she clearly has too much time on her hands if she rides that
      route], but I love it despite of Caltrain's peculiar management
      decisions.

      Martha Johnson
      San Jose