BART has "strategy" to fix SMCo. train-delaying software bug

  • 2/10 Bay City News
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2005
      Published Thursday, February 10, 2005, by Bay City News

      BART official: agency has handle on software problems

      A top Bay Area Rapid Transit official told the agency's board of
      directors today that BART has made strides in resolving a software
      glitch that has caused passengers on the Peninsula to experience
      delays up to 30 minutes long.

      The computer bug causes switching equipment to malfunction.

      BART Deputy General Manager for Operations Paul Oversier told
      directors at their meeting this morning, "We've developed a
      strategy to fix the problem" and "we've got it headed in the right
      direction."

      Oversier said officials from the train control company that
      contracts with BART have been in the Bay Area this week to help
      identify the scope of the problem.

      The problem has become more noticeable recently and has resulted
      in "occasional delays," Oversier said.

      He said he would characterize the delays as "sporadic."

      [BATN: See also:

      SMCo. BART software bug delaying trains by up to 30 min.

      Column: Software bug plagues SMCo. BART