5"Witness to Darfur" event; Program and performance - Monday, October 1st

  • Kendra Gray
    Sep 28, 2007
      Hi folks -

      I thought some of you might be interested in this concert.  I have a meeting that night and won't be able to make it, but I highly recommend that you consider it!

      Kendra

      WITNESS TO DARFUR through dialogue, film, and music.

      Monday, October 1, 2007     8pm
      Sanders Theatre, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA

      PROGRAM
      8pm: Dialogue and film with Liz Walker, Swanee Hunt, and Samantha Power.
      9pm: The Witness Cantata: Exploring the themes of human suffering, endurance, and rebirth.

      Soloists: Rockland Osgood, Tenor; Jenni Till, Soprano; Mary Westbook-Geha, Mezzo-Soprano; Robert Honeysucker, Bass; Jake Wilder-Smith, Boy Soprano; Reverent Gloria White-Hammond, Narrator.

      Boston Landmarks Orchestra. Charles Ansbacher, Conductor.
      New World Chorale. Holly MacEwen Krafka, Director.

      CO-HOSTS
      Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur
      Harvard Extension School
      Physicians for Human Rights
      Tom Butler
      Eric Cohen
      Westy and Susan Egmont
      Howard Gardner
      Charles and Susan Knight
      Kitty Pell
      Colette Phillips
      Glenn Ruga
      Jim Scott and Jackie Jenkins-Scott
      Roxane Wilber

      In collaboration with local and national organizations and individuals committed to stop the genocide.