Wanted - Native Swahili Speakers

(15)
  • Sean Delaney
    Feb 26, 2008 Expand Messages
      Good Afternoon—

      I am writing to get out the word about a project being undertaken by
      a small, local language and cross-cultural organization located in
      Belmont, MA and called Lex Language Project. They are currently
      planning to prepare and record a Swahili language learning CD, and
      are looking for a native Swahili speaker from Tanzania or coastal
      Kenya to help them organize the scripts, find actors to speak on the
      CD and generally spearhead the project. This would be a paid
      position, lasting for approximately 50 – 60 hours.

      When I first found out about the project, and their difficulty
      locating Swahili speakers, I immediately thought that someone in the
      BARPCV community may be aware of native speakers living in the Boston
      area. If you know of anyone who might be interested in this
      opportunity, I would appreciate it if you could put them in touch
      with Lex Language Project directly, at the e-mail address below. A
      little more information about the position, as well as Lex Language
      Project's contact information follows:

      COORDINATOR - Swahili CD Recording Project

      Small, multilingual language program is seeking a native Swahili
      speaker originally from Tanzania or coastal Kenya to act as a
      Coordinator for an upcoming CD Recording Project.

      Responsibilities:

      Review translations, find Swahili voice actors, schedule auditions,
      attend auditions and participate in the selection process, coordinate
      actor's scheduling and transportation for recording sessions, help
      with script direction, facilitate communication between voice actors
      and Japanese and American staff, production staff, and actors during
      recording.

      Requirements:

      Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills; bilingualism in
      English and Swahili languages. A background in film, recording, or
      theater is preferred, but not required.

      This is a contract position that would require approximately 50-65
      hours. Interviews will be held the first week of March.

      Please email resume and salary expectations to info@...

      Thanks very much for your help!

      Regards,

      Sean Delaney, RPCV