BANG Announcement Expiration?

  • gotskotty
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 15, 2011
      Might it not be a good idea to have some sort of expiration time (six months?) for BANGs listed on the website as upcoming, just in case someone else wants to take the number - not that I or my team have any desire to - or in case the team that put it up there is no longer actively pursuing it (which happened with an earlier BANG)?

      I ask because I just realized that BANG 27 has been up there for at least a year. Maybe Bananaphone is still working on it. But there's also the possibility that it's fallen through, leaving XX-Rated chomping at the bit to host BANG XXX, but unable to do so until BANG 27 is run. Or maybe the Judean People's Front has a great idea for a 27-themed hunt, but had to settle for 32.

      Obviously, not a pressing issue, but just thought I'd ask.

      - Scott
    • Dan Egnor
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 15, 2011
        I hope nobody feels obliged to wait until previous BANGs run before they actually run theirs.  Certainly the last few have been out of order.  I think XX put "after BANGs 27, 28, and 29 all take place" to give themselves some breathing room -- nobody's forcing them to wait.  I would happily play in BANG XXX tomorrow if it was run.

        So I'd prefer to leave them up there.  BANG 23 was up there a long time before it finally ran -- but it did finally run and I think we're better off for it; if we'd "timed it out" they might never have actually run it.

        Nobody seems to care much about the numbers, except that some teams (notably us [the Burninators] and XX) have a tradition of running every Nth bang (7 and 10, respectively -- at BANG 70 we'll need to run a joint BANG or something).

        It might not be terrible to ping the team occasionally though.  If what you mean by your message is "Hey Bananaphone, you guys putting on a BANG or what?" then I'll +1 that.

        -- egnor

        On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 2:13 PM, gotskotty <gotskott@...> wrote:
        Might it not be a good idea to have some sort of expiration time (six months?) for BANGs listed on the website as upcoming, just in case someone else wants to take the number - not that I or my team have any desire to - or in case the team that put it up there is no longer actively pursuing it (which happened with an earlier BANG)?

        I ask because I just realized that BANG 27 has been up there for at least a year. Maybe Bananaphone is still working on it. But there's also the possibility that it's fallen through, leaving XX-Rated chomping at the bit to host BANG XXX, but unable to do so until BANG 27 is run. Or maybe the Judean People's Front has a great idea for a 27-themed hunt, but had to settle for 32.

        Obviously, not a pressing issue, but just thought I'd ask.

        - Scott

      • Megan Wachs
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 15, 2011
          Hi all,

          Yeah we've gotten that sort of ping a few times, and I'd say we are not "actively working on it, but still feeling like we should/talking about it when the core members are together". If someone wants to change the numbers we wouldn't complain, but we were also under the impression that the other BANGs could still happen and thinking that we will do it eventually.

          Megan
          Team Bananaphone

          On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Dan Egnor <egnor@...> wrote:

[...]

        • rachel_lara
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 8, 2012
            Just to chime in since our name came up as well. XX isn't "waiting" on 27 per se. We are actively working on BANG XXX, but due to jobs and children and life in general, production is at a slightly slower pace than our previous BANGS. We strongly encourage other teams to bypass us if they are ready to put one one. I've updated the bayareanightgame.org web page to reflect this.

            Thanks,
            Rachel for XX-Rated