Re: Chicago - No Meeting for LA-WG

  • gsditzler
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21, 2006
      Hi,All,

      I'm new to the LA WG.

      Regarding the proposals, wondering if we have a copy of DMF-032--
      its not listed with others in the Yahoo LA-WG files. (Perhaps this
      is what David Fisher has offered to write?)

      Thanks,
      GSDitzler

      --- In BACnetLighting@yahoogroups.com, Steve Karg <steve@...> wrote:

      > Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!
      >
      > Just a little update about our proposals and where they are in the
      > SSPC-135 process.
      >
      > STK-004 was discussed on Monday, 23-Jan-2006 at the end of the
      SSPC-135
      > (BACnet) committee meeting. The committee felt that since there
      was
      > similarity between the Multiplexor Object and the proposed Group
      > services, they would like to see a summary document about them.
      David
      > Fisher offered to produce such a document (thank you, David!).
      STK-004
      > Multiplexor Object, DMF-030 Write Group Mode Service, and DMF-032
      Write
      > Group Service were sent to the Objects and Services working group
      for
      > more discussion.
      >
      > DMF-011 Lighting Output Object, DMF-019 Blink Properties of Binary
      > Objects, STK-015 Tripped Breaker Status, and DMF-028 Reference
      Times are
      > still awaiting SSPC discussion.
      >
      > The next SSPC-135 meeting is proposed the week of 24-April-2006 at
      > Germantown, Maryland. The Lighting Application working group is
      not
      > scheduled to meet, but you are certainly welcome to attend the
      other
      > working groups and the BACnet committee meetings. I will post
      more
      > details as they become available.
      >
      > There was a presentation on Monday, 23-January-2006, at the SSPC-
      135
      > BACnet committee meeting by Bob Heile, Chair, ZigBee Alliance and
      Chair,
      > IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks.
      Zigbee is
      > working toward standardizing the Building Automation profile (they
      have
      > already standardized the Home Automation and are working on
      Industrial
      > Automation as well). Zigbee would like to use BACnet as the
      Building
      > Automation profile, so a BACnet/Zigbee working group was formed
      and will
      > be chaired by Jerry Martocci of Johnson Controls.
      >
      > Best Regards,
      >
      > Steve Karg
      > Lithonia Lighting
      > --
      > http://www.kargs.net/

    • David Fisher
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 21, 2006
        GS-
        Attached file is the latest version of this proposal.

        David Fisher
        PolarSoftR Inc.
        914 South Aiken Ave
        Pittsburgh PA 15232-2212
        dfisher@...
        412-683-2018 voice
        412-683-5228 fax
        www.polarsoft.biz

        Regarding the proposals, wondering if we have a copy of DMF-032--
        its not listed with others in the Yahoo LA-WG files. (Perhaps this
        is what David Fisher has offered to write?)

        Thanks,
        GSDitzler

        --- In BACnetLighting@yahoogroups.com, Steve Karg <steve@...> wrote:

        > Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!
        >
        > Just a little update about our proposals and where they are in the
        > SSPC-135 process.
        >
        > STK-004 was discussed on Monday, 23-Jan-2006 at the end of the
        SSPC-135
        > (BACnet) committee meeting. The committee felt that since there
        was
        > similarity between the Multiplexor Object and the proposed Group
        > services, they would like to see a summary document about them.
        David
        > Fisher offered to produce such a document (thank you, David!).
        STK-004
        > Multiplexor Object, DMF-030 Write Group Mode Service, and DMF-032
        Write
        > Group Service were sent to the Objects and Services working group
        for
        > more discussion.
        >
        > DMF-011 Lighting Output Object, DMF-019 Blink Properties of Binary
        > Objects, STK-015 Tripped Breaker Status, and DMF-028 Reference
        Times are
        > still awaiting SSPC discussion.
        >
        > The next SSPC-135 meeting is proposed the week of 24-April-2006 at
        > Germantown, Maryland. The Lighting Application working group is
        not
        > scheduled to meet, but you are certainly welcome to attend the
        other
        > working groups and the BACnet committee meetings. I will post
        more
        > details as they become available.
        >
        > There was a presentation on Monday, 23-January-2006, at the SSPC-
        135
        > BACnet committee meeting by Bob Heile, Chair, ZigBee Alliance and
        Chair,
        > IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks.
        Zigbee is
        > working toward standardizing the Building Automation profile (they
        have
        > already standardized the Home Automation and are working on
        Industrial
        > Automation as well). Zigbee would like to use BACnet as the
        Building
        > Automation profile, so a BACnet/Zigbee working group was formed
        and will
        > be chaired by Jerry Martocci of Johnson Controls.
        >
        > Best Regards,
        >
        > Steve Karg
        > Lithonia Lighting
        > --