Re: Chicago - No Meeting for LA-WG

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2006
      Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

      Just a little update about our proposals and where they are in the
      SSPC-135 process.

      STK-004 was discussed on Monday, 23-Jan-2006 at the end of the SSPC-135
      (BACnet) committee meeting. The committee felt that since there was
      similarity between the Multiplexor Object and the proposed Group
      services, they would like to see a summary document about them. David
      Fisher offered to produce such a document (thank you, David!). STK-004
      Multiplexor Object, DMF-030 Write Group Mode Service, and DMF-032 Write
      Group Service were sent to the Objects and Services working group for
      more discussion.

      DMF-011 Lighting Output Object, DMF-019 Blink Properties of Binary
      Objects, STK-015 Tripped Breaker Status, and DMF-028 Reference Times are
      still awaiting SSPC discussion.

      The next SSPC-135 meeting is proposed the week of 24-April-2006 at
      Germantown, Maryland. The Lighting Application working group is not
      scheduled to meet, but you are certainly welcome to attend the other
      working groups and the BACnet committee meetings. I will post more
      details as they become available.

      There was a presentation on Monday, 23-January-2006, at the SSPC-135
      BACnet committee meeting by Bob Heile, Chair, ZigBee Alliance and Chair,
      IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks. Zigbee is
      working toward standardizing the Building Automation profile (they have
      already standardized the Home Automation and are working on Industrial
      Automation as well). Zigbee would like to use BACnet as the Building
      Automation profile, so a BACnet/Zigbee working group was formed and will
      be chaired by Jerry Martocci of Johnson Controls.

      http://www.kargs.net/
    • gsditzler
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 21, 2006
        Hi,All,

        I'm new to the LA WG.

        Regarding the proposals, wondering if we have a copy of DMF-032--
        its not listed with others in the Yahoo LA-WG files. (Perhaps this
        is what David Fisher has offered to write?)

        Thanks,
        GSDitzler

        --- In BACnetLighting@yahoogroups.com, Steve Karg <steve@...> wrote:

        > Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!
        >
        > Just a little update about our proposals and where they are in the
        > SSPC-135 process.
        >
        > STK-004 was discussed on Monday, 23-Jan-2006 at the end of the
        SSPC-135
        > (BACnet) committee meeting. The committee felt that since there
        was
        > similarity between the Multiplexor Object and the proposed Group
        > services, they would like to see a summary document about them.
        David
        > Fisher offered to produce such a document (thank you, David!).
        STK-004
        > Multiplexor Object, DMF-030 Write Group Mode Service, and DMF-032
        Write
        > Group Service were sent to the Objects and Services working group
        for
        > more discussion.
        >
        > DMF-011 Lighting Output Object, DMF-019 Blink Properties of Binary
        > Objects, STK-015 Tripped Breaker Status, and DMF-028 Reference
        Times are
        > still awaiting SSPC discussion.
        >
        > The next SSPC-135 meeting is proposed the week of 24-April-2006 at
        > Germantown, Maryland. The Lighting Application working group is
        not
        > scheduled to meet, but you are certainly welcome to attend the
        other
        > working groups and the BACnet committee meetings. I will post
        more
        > details as they become available.
        >
        > There was a presentation on Monday, 23-January-2006, at the SSPC-
        135
        > BACnet committee meeting by Bob Heile, Chair, ZigBee Alliance and
        Chair,
        > IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks.
        Zigbee is
        > working toward standardizing the Building Automation profile (they
        have
        > already standardized the Home Automation and are working on
        Industrial
        > Automation as well). Zigbee would like to use BACnet as the
        Building
        > Automation profile, so a BACnet/Zigbee working group was formed
        and will
        > be chaired by Jerry Martocci of Johnson Controls.
        >
        > Best Regards,
        >
        > Steve Karg
        > Lithonia Lighting
        > --
        > http://www.kargs.net/

      • David Fisher
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 21, 2006
          GS-
          Attached file is the latest version of this proposal.

          David Fisher
          PolarSoftR Inc.
          914 South Aiken Ave
          Pittsburgh PA 15232-2212
          dfisher@...
          412-683-2018 voice
          412-683-5228 fax
          www.polarsoft.biz

          Regarding the proposals, wondering if we have a copy of DMF-032--
          its not listed with others in the Yahoo LA-WG files. (Perhaps this
          is what David Fisher has offered to write?)

          Thanks,
          GSDitzler

          --- In BACnetLighting@yahoogroups.com, Steve Karg <steve@...> wrote:

          > Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!
          >
          > Just a little update about our proposals and where they are in the
          > SSPC-135 process.
          >
          > STK-004 was discussed on Monday, 23-Jan-2006 at the end of the
          SSPC-135
          > (BACnet) committee meeting. The committee felt that since there
          was
          > similarity between the Multiplexor Object and the proposed Group
          > services, they would like to see a summary document about them.
          David
          > Fisher offered to produce such a document (thank you, David!).
          STK-004
          > Multiplexor Object, DMF-030 Write Group Mode Service, and DMF-032
          Write
          > Group Service were sent to the Objects and Services working group
          for
          > more discussion.
          >
          > DMF-011 Lighting Output Object, DMF-019 Blink Properties of Binary
          > Objects, STK-015 Tripped Breaker Status, and DMF-028 Reference
          Times are
          > still awaiting SSPC discussion.
          >
          > The next SSPC-135 meeting is proposed the week of 24-April-2006 at
          > Germantown, Maryland. The Lighting Application working group is
          not
          > scheduled to meet, but you are certainly welcome to attend the
          other
          > working groups and the BACnet committee meetings. I will post
          more
          > details as they become available.
          >
          > There was a presentation on Monday, 23-January-2006, at the SSPC-
          135
          > BACnet committee meeting by Bob Heile, Chair, ZigBee Alliance and
          Chair,
          > IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks.
          Zigbee is
          > working toward standardizing the Building Automation profile (they
          have
          > already standardized the Home Automation and are working on
          Industrial
          > Automation as well). Zigbee would like to use BACnet as the
          Building
          > Automation profile, so a BACnet/Zigbee working group was formed
          and will
          > be chaired by Jerry Martocci of Johnson Controls.
          >
          > Best Regards,
          >
          > Steve Karg
          > Lithonia Lighting
          > --