Chicago - No Meeting for LA-WG

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2006
      Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

      The BACnet Lighting Working Group is NOT scheduled to meet in Chicago
      during the SSPC-135 BACnet meetings on January 21-32, 2006. We have
      completed all the work necessary up to this point, and should only have
      residual tasks as our proposals work their way through the SSPC-135
      BACnet Committee. However, you are more than welcome to come and
      participate in the SSPC-135 BACnet Committee discussions.

      Some details about the Chicago SSPC-135 BACnet meeting can be found at
      the ASHRAE website or at the BACnet website:
      <http://www.ashrae.org/>
      <http://www.bacnet.org/>

      http://www.kargs.net/
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2006
        Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

        Just a little update about our proposals and where they are in the
        SSPC-135 process.

        STK-004 was discussed on Monday, 23-Jan-2006 at the end of the SSPC-135
        (BACnet) committee meeting. The committee felt that since there was
        similarity between the Multiplexor Object and the proposed Group
        services, they would like to see a summary document about them. David
        Fisher offered to produce such a document (thank you, David!). STK-004
        Multiplexor Object, DMF-030 Write Group Mode Service, and DMF-032 Write
        Group Service were sent to the Objects and Services working group for
        more discussion.

        DMF-011 Lighting Output Object, DMF-019 Blink Properties of Binary
        Objects, STK-015 Tripped Breaker Status, and DMF-028 Reference Times are
        still awaiting SSPC discussion.

        The next SSPC-135 meeting is proposed the week of 24-April-2006 at
        Germantown, Maryland. The Lighting Application working group is not
        scheduled to meet, but you are certainly welcome to attend the other
        working groups and the BACnet committee meetings. I will post more
        details as they become available.

        There was a presentation on Monday, 23-January-2006, at the SSPC-135
        BACnet committee meeting by Bob Heile, Chair, ZigBee Alliance and Chair,
        IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks. Zigbee is
        working toward standardizing the Building Automation profile (they have
        already standardized the Home Automation and are working on Industrial
        Automation as well). Zigbee would like to use BACnet as the Building
        Automation profile, so a BACnet/Zigbee working group was formed and will
        be chaired by Jerry Martocci of Johnson Controls.

        http://www.kargs.net/
      • gsditzler
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 21, 2006
          Hi,All,

          I'm new to the LA WG.

          Regarding the proposals, wondering if we have a copy of DMF-032--
          its not listed with others in the Yahoo LA-WG files. (Perhaps this
          is what David Fisher has offered to write?)

          Thanks,
          GSDitzler

          --- In BACnetLighting@yahoogroups.com, Steve Karg <steve@...> wrote:

          > Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!
          >
          > Just a little update about our proposals and where they are in the
          > SSPC-135 process.
          >
          > STK-004 was discussed on Monday, 23-Jan-2006 at the end of the
          SSPC-135
          > (BACnet) committee meeting. The committee felt that since there
          was
          > similarity between the Multiplexor Object and the proposed Group
          > services, they would like to see a summary document about them.
          David
          > Fisher offered to produce such a document (thank you, David!).
          STK-004
          > Multiplexor Object, DMF-030 Write Group Mode Service, and DMF-032
          Write
          > Group Service were sent to the Objects and Services working group
          for
          > more discussion.
          >
          > DMF-011 Lighting Output Object, DMF-019 Blink Properties of Binary
          > Objects, STK-015 Tripped Breaker Status, and DMF-028 Reference
          Times are
          > still awaiting SSPC discussion.
          >
          > The next SSPC-135 meeting is proposed the week of 24-April-2006 at
          > Germantown, Maryland. The Lighting Application working group is
          not
          > scheduled to meet, but you are certainly welcome to attend the
          other
          > working groups and the BACnet committee meetings. I will post
          more
          > details as they become available.
          >
          > There was a presentation on Monday, 23-January-2006, at the SSPC-
          135
          > BACnet committee meeting by Bob Heile, Chair, ZigBee Alliance and
          Chair,
          > IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks.
          Zigbee is
          > working toward standardizing the Building Automation profile (they
          have
          > already standardized the Home Automation and are working on
          Industrial
          > Automation as well). Zigbee would like to use BACnet as the
          Building
          > Automation profile, so a BACnet/Zigbee working group was formed
          and will
          > be chaired by Jerry Martocci of Johnson Controls.
          >
          > Best Regards,
          >
          > Steve Karg
          > Lithonia Lighting
          > --
          > http://www.kargs.net/

        • David Fisher
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 21, 2006
            GS-
            Attached file is the latest version of this proposal.

            David Fisher
            PolarSoftR Inc.
            914 South Aiken Ave
            Pittsburgh PA 15232-2212
            dfisher@...
            412-683-2018 voice
            412-683-5228 fax
            www.polarsoft.biz

            Regarding the proposals, wondering if we have a copy of DMF-032--
            its not listed with others in the Yahoo LA-WG files. (Perhaps this
            is what David Fisher has offered to write?)

            Thanks,
            GSDitzler

            --- In BACnetLighting@yahoogroups.com, Steve Karg <steve@...> wrote:

            > Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!
            >
            > Just a little update about our proposals and where they are in the
            > SSPC-135 process.
            >
            > STK-004 was discussed on Monday, 23-Jan-2006 at the end of the
            SSPC-135
            > (BACnet) committee meeting. The committee felt that since there
            was
            > similarity between the Multiplexor Object and the proposed Group
            > services, they would like to see a summary document about them.
            David
            > Fisher offered to produce such a document (thank you, David!).
            STK-004
            > Multiplexor Object, DMF-030 Write Group Mode Service, and DMF-032
            Write
            > Group Service were sent to the Objects and Services working group
            for
            > more discussion.
            >
            > DMF-011 Lighting Output Object, DMF-019 Blink Properties of Binary
            > Objects, STK-015 Tripped Breaker Status, and DMF-028 Reference
            Times are
            > still awaiting SSPC discussion.
            >
            > The next SSPC-135 meeting is proposed the week of 24-April-2006 at
            > Germantown, Maryland. The Lighting Application working group is
            not
            > scheduled to meet, but you are certainly welcome to attend the
            other
            > working groups and the BACnet committee meetings. I will post
            more
            > details as they become available.
            >
            > There was a presentation on Monday, 23-January-2006, at the SSPC-
            135
            > BACnet committee meeting by Bob Heile, Chair, ZigBee Alliance and
            Chair,
            > IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks.
            Zigbee is
            > working toward standardizing the Building Automation profile (they
            have
            > already standardized the Home Automation and are working on
            Industrial
            > Automation as well). Zigbee would like to use BACnet as the
            Building
            > Automation profile, so a BACnet/Zigbee working group was formed
            and will
            > be chaired by Jerry Martocci of Johnson Controls.
            >
            > Best Regards,
            >
            > Steve Karg
            > Lithonia Lighting
            > --