Dimming Actuator profile

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2004
      Hi BACnet Lighting Applications Working Group,

      I received this request from Steve Bushby, and have added it to our
      agenda for Germantown (which I will be posting shortly).

      The appended e-mail should give you some information about what he
      would like us to achieve. Please review the EIB object in Addendum
      2001-135d:
      ftp://ftp.bacnet.org/Add-135d-2001-PR1-4.pdf

      Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:56:31 -0500
      To: <Steven.Bushby@...>
      From: "James F. Butler" <jimbutler@...>
      Subject: more BACnet 2004 (draft 4) errata
      Cc: Bill Swan <bill.swan@...>

      Steve,

      Here are some more possible BACnet 2004 (draft 4) errata discovered by
      our BACstac team and by Duffy O'Craven:

      [cut]

      8. New properties in Dimming Actuator profile

      The Dimming Actuator profile description (H.5.4.8, page 562) specifies
      four new "proprietary" properties: Target_Value, Present_Bin_Value,
      Target_Bin_Value, and Dimming_Control. However, their
      BACnetPropertyIdentifier enumerated values are not defined. Even
      though these properties are not standard BACnet properties, we believe
      that the Dimming Actuator profile definition is incomplete without the
      BACnetPropertyIdentifier enumerated values being defined.

      I'll let you know if we discover any other issues.

      - Jim Butler