RE: [BACnetLighting] Write Group Service

  • Old, Bob
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7 9:20 AM

      Your devotion to the purity of BACnet is admirable, Carl.  But perhaps it’s that devotion that blinds you to the elephant in the room.

      And that is the decade long discussion and the contortions elaborated in this email thread demonstrates that BACnet is incapable of meeting the requirements of the Lighting Application.

      We do seem to agree on the solution for this problem:  make a gateway to DALI.

      Br,

      B.O.   December 7, 2011

      Robert Old

      Siemens Industry, Inc.