Tracking Value problem

  • David Ritter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2011

      Hi All,

      There is an issue with the tracking value property of the Lighting Output object that needs a resolution.

      The problem stems from how we allow the value of the property to be determined. We allow the tracking value to be either 1) a locally calculated value OR 2) a physical feedback value. The tracking value is used in all of the step calculations and when the ramp and fade operations are cancelled. When the tracking value is locally calculated everything works fine.

      When the tracking value is a feedback value it can lead to unexpected results. If the step increment is less than the resolution of the DA conversion of the feedback value then a step command may have no effect. Also, depending on how frequently the feedback value is written the tracking value may be stale and inaccurate when a fade or ramp is in process.

      To solve this problem I propose that the tracking value property be changed to be only  calculated and to add a separate optional feedback property.

      We will discuss this issue (and others) on the conference call tomorrow. Hope you can make it.

      David