Antwort: [BACnetLighting] Blink Warn Enable

  • Christoph Zeller
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2011
      Hi folks,
      does anyone has an updated copy (newer than the May 17th edition?)

      My feeling about disabling the functionality should be:
      If Blink_Warn_Enable is FALSE:
      The whole functionality will vanish. Thus no warn notification, no egress time. Any attempt to do a warning will be ignored and the command executed as if the egress time would have been 0.

      If the Blink_Warn_Enable is disabled while an egress timer is active, from an application point of view my feeling is I don't care.
      From a specification point of view, my feeling is to immediatley cancel the ongoing egress time and doing the follow up functionality.

      A more interesting question is whether it would be ok to allow read only Blink_Warn_Enables when they are FALSE (depending on the type of lamp, they might be needed to be off).
      Regards Christoph

      Christoph Zeller
      Abt. NT
      Fr. Sauter AG
      Im Surinam 55, CH-4016 Basel
      Telefon +41 (0)61 695 55 55
      Telefax +41 (0)61 695 56 19
      http://www.sauter-controls.com

      DISCLAIMER:
      This communication, and the information it contains is for the sole use of
      the intended recipient. It is confidential, may be legally privileged and
      protected by law. Unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of any part
      thereof may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error,
      please destroy all copies and kindly notify the sender.

      Before printing out this e-mail or its attachments, please consider whether
      it is really necessary to do so.
      Using less paper helps the environment.