Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Teleconference for Lighting Output object Addendum

Expand Messages
  • Steve Karg
    Hi Lighting Applications working group! We had a teleconference today as part of our plan to move the Lighting Output addendum to public review. Meeting
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi Lighting Applications working group!

      We had a teleconference today as part of our plan to move the Lighting
      Output addendum to public review. Meeting minutes below. Next
      teleconference tentatively scheduled for Friday, April 1, 10am – 12pm.
      Thank you, Scott Ziegenfus, for providing the teleconference
      interface.

      Best Regards,

      Steve Karg
      WattStopper
      ----------
      Minutes
      BACnet Lighting Applications Working Group
      Teleconference

      10:00AM – 12:00 PM (CST) on Tuesday, March 15, 2011
      --------------------------------
      1. Opening remarks - working group (10:05AM)
      2. Introduction of those present (10:05)
      Name, Organization
      Steve Karg, WattStopper
      Rick Leinen, Leviton
      René Kälin, Siemens
      Scott Ziegenfus, Lutron Electronics
      Dave Ritter, Delta Controls
      David Fisher, Polarsoft
      Dana Peterson, Johnson Controls
      Christoph Zeller, Sauter BC
      3. Meeting role assignments
      time keeper (GotoMeeting)
      scribe – Steve Karg
      non-agenda item attendant – Steve Karg
      4. Discussion and approval of the agenda for this meeting. (10:10)
      David Ritter: DHR-019-05 - Changes to BACnet 2008 Addendum I (PPR4).
      René Kälin: LAWG-135-2008i-PPR4-Comment-State-0005-20110228.doc
      Christof Zellar: "General remarks about current topics (timeout of
      commands, fade and ramp times)"
      5. Discussion (10:10 – 1.5 hours)

      Discussing DHR-019-05.
      1. Lighting Command converted to Octet-String. Christoph suggests
      that this is a hack, and asks what we are trying to solve. Rene
      agrees. David Fisher asks why we didn't choose Character String, as it
      allows more extensibility. Christoph suggests a method to use default
      values for fade, ramp, etc, while only writing the target level.
      Christoph concerned about 9 bytes Octet String, which is now much
      larger than the largest (4 byte) value a schedule has to hold. Steve
      wonders if this is too complex, and how does a Schedule write to a
      text sign? Consensus is that is would use an intermediate object.
      Rene suggests reducing complexity by moving some things to other
      objects, and specifying those objects in conjunction with the Lighting
      Output object. Steve proposes that we simplify, and make it simple
      like DALI parameters, with Present_Value using the Fade_Time property,
      and an enumerated Lighting_Command for up, down, off, step, etc, which
      use the Fade_Rate property. Consensus is that this is bad for
      concurrent control. Rene to determine whether the priority parameter
      used for a commandable Present_Value property can be used for the
      Lighting_Command. Discussion of the various lighting command
      operations, and what are the value ranges required?

      Next Steps:
      1. Scott to arrange another Webinar on April 1, 2011.
      2. Dave Ritter to revise DHR-019-05 based on feedback from this
      meeting, and enjoy vacation!
      3. Christoph to research the lighting command operation ranges.
      4. Rene to research the feasibility of two object properties using the
      priority parameter of WriteProperty.

      6. Adjournment (12:00pm-CST)
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.