2008aa - WriteGroup and execution delay

  • Donaldson, Stuart (WA26)
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2011

      I’m trying to digest some of proposal 2008aa.

      I can understand from the Arena all lights off now, use-case that Steve mentioned the need for ignoring the execution delay.

      Shouldn’t ignoring the execution delay be the optional property, and the default behavior be to honor any execution delay in the channel objects?  I would think that if you went to the trouble of configuring your channel object with an execution delay, that you would want that to be the default behavior.  And furthermore, shouldn’t it be an option (or local matter) if a given channel object is willing to ignore the execution delay?  The scenario I am considering here is if you really care about staggering the start of something for risk of damaging equipment.  The client initiating the request shouldn’t be able to override the execution delay and cause problems.

      Steve mentioned a previous proposal that had confirmations in it which addressed the concern of a broadcast / unconfirmed service not being able to guarantee that the lights in the arena did all get turned off.  Can someone point me to that previous proposal?

      Stuart Donaldson

      Engineering Manager

      Alerton | Trend Dealer Business

      Honeywell Automation & Control Solutions

      6670 185th Ave NE

      Redmond WA 98052

      Phone – 425.897.3982

      Cell – 425.533.3024