Lighting Output object, alternate solutions

  • Kaelin, Rene
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 258 KB
    Lighting Output object, alternate solutions

    Hello LA-WG folks

    We at Siemens analyzed the addendum 135-2008i intensively and came to the conclusion that we would like to propose alternate solutions to improve the current approach. We know that we are quite late in the process because we just finished our investigations to use BACnet for the Light domain.

    In comparison with the actual addendum 135-2008i we elaborated an alternate solution to solve the issues regarding the prioritization mechanism. One of the strengths of the solution is that it is also applicable to other domains for example Blind or Video (control a camera position) as well.

    We think that our proposal overcomes the limitations of the automatic relinquish approach of addendum 135-2008i. In addition to sending our proposal we will enter corresponding comments for addendum 135-2008i.

    Siemens is committed to provide the alternate solution for discussion and is also committed to contribute to bring a revised addendum 135-2008i as fast as possible to publication. I am locking forward to explain and discuss the proposal in Germantown.

    Please find attached the proposal RK-006-1 which explains our alternate solutions. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.

    <<RK-006-1.pdf>>

    Mit freundlichem Gruss
    René Kälin

    Siemens Switzerland Ltd.