Meeting in Orlando, Florida

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 6, 2010
      Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

      We are scheduled to meet on Thursday January 21, 2009, from 8am to
      5pm, at the ASHRAE Winter Conference in Orlando, Florida. All meeting
      rooms are in the the conference hotel: The Rosen Shingle Creek at 9939
      Universal Blvd, Orlando, Florida. I don't have our room assignments
      yet - but will post them when I get them.

      The plenary meetings for SSPC-135 BACnet will be on Saturday, January
      23, 2009 and Monday, January 25, 2009. Other BACnet working group
      meetings will be held on Thursday, Friday, Sunday (January 21, 22, 24)

      LA-WG agenda items:

      1. SSPC-135-2008 Addendum i PPR4 revision
      Approve the revised text for SSPC-135-2008 Addendum i for the
      fourth public review for the Lighting Output object and its friends.
      Draft is available in Files section of Yahoo Groups as
      "Add-135-2008i-PPR4-Draft 7.doc" file.
      2. Discuss Annex H clause H.X "Using BACnet with DALI"
      3. Discuss BACnet Schedule for Dawn Dusk (removed from 2008 Addendum W)
      4. IESNA Computer Committee XML standard for photosensors -
      BACnet applicability?
      5. Discuss Lighting Application BIBB and 135.1 Testing additions.

      Please post any additional Lighting Application working group agenda
      items to this mailing list.

      The Watt Stopper / Legrand
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 7, 2010
        Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group,

        Happy New Year! I am resending my meeting announcment with the year corrected...

        We are scheduled to meet on Thursday January 21, 2010, from 8am to
        5pm, at the ASHRAE Winter Conference in Orlando, Florida. All meeting
        rooms are in the the conference hotel: The Rosen Shingle Creek at 9939
        Universal Blvd, Orlando, Florida. I don't have our room assignments
        yet - but will post them when I get them.

        The plenary meetings for SSPC-135 BACnet will be on Saturday, January
        23, 2010 and Monday, January 25, 2010. Other BACnet working group

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 11, 2010
          Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group,

          I am resending my meeting announcement with the room assignments added.

          We are scheduled to meet on Thursday January 21, 2010, from 8am to
          5pm, at the ASHRAE Winter Conference in Orlando, Florida. All meeting
          rooms are in the the conference hotel: The Rosen Shingle Creek at 9939
          Universal Blvd, Orlando, Florida. We will meet in the Wekiwa 4 meeting
          room.

          The plenary meetings for SSPC-135 BACnet will be on Saturday, January
          23, 2010 in the Wekiwa 5 meeting room, and Monday, January 25, 2010,
          in the Suannee 15 meeting room. Other BACnet working group meetings
          will be held on Thursday, Friday (Wekiwa 1, Suanee11 meeting rooms),
          and Sunday (Wekiwa 7 and Wekiwa 2 meeting rooms) (January 21, 22, 24).

          LA-WG agenda items:
          1.     SSPC-135-2008 Addendum i PPR4 revision
                Approve the revised text for SSPC-135-2008 Addendum i for the
          fourth public review for the Lighting Output object and its friends.
          Draft is available in Files section of Yahoo Groups as
          "Add-135-2008i-PPR4-Draft 7.doc" file.
          2.     Discuss Annex H clause H.X "Using BACnet with DALI"
          3.     Discuss BACnet Schedule for Dawn Dusk (removed from 2008 Addendum W)
          4.     IESNA Computer Committee XML standard for photosensors - BACnet
          applicability?
          5.     Discuss Lighting Application BIBB and 135.1 Testing additions.

          Please post any additional Lighting Application working group agenda
          items to this mailing list.

          The Watt Stopper / Legrand
        • David Ritter
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 12, 2010

            Hi Steve,

            Could you send out the latest draft version of Addendum i to the group? Thanks.

            See you all in Orlando.

            David

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 12, 2010
              Hi Steve and all,
              I suggest to distribute additional proposals (DALI-Mapping for example) to
              group as well.
              Thanks Christoph

              Christoph Zeller
              Abt. NT
              Fr. Sauter AG
              Im Surinam 55, CH-4016 Basel
              Telefon +41 (0)61 695 55 55
              Telefax +41 (0)61 695 56 19
              http://www.sauter-controls.com

              DISCLAIMER:
              This communication, and the information it contains is for the sole use of
              the intended recipient. It is confidential, may be legally privileged and
              protected by law. Unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of any part
              thereof may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error,
              please destroy all copies and kindly notify the sender.

              Before printing out this e-mail or its attachments, please consider
              whether
              it is really necessary to do so.
              Using less paper helps the environment.

              Von:
              "David Ritter" <dritter@...>
              An:
              <BACnetLighting@yahoogroups.com>
              Datum:
              12.01.2010 23:16
              RE: [BACnetLighting] Re: Meeting in Orlando, Florida
              Gesendet von:

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 13, 2010
                Hello Christoph and David,

                > I suggest to distribute additional proposals (DALI-Mapping for example) to
                > group as well.

                All the proposals we are discussing have been available on the Yahoo
                Groups site since our last meeting in November, 2009. I have also
                sent the proposals, agenda, and meeting minutes to the BACnet FTP site
                maintainer for our Orlando meeting.

                DALI Mapping
                http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/BACnetLighting/files/RLH-001.pdf

                Latest draft version of 2008 Addendum i
                http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/BACnetLighting/files/Add-135-2008i-PPR4-Draft
                7.doc

                See you in Orlando!

              • Christoph Zeller
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 13, 2010
                  Hi Steve,
                  the RLH-001.pdf is dated 15 June 2009.
                  This is significantly older than our last meeting.
                  Is it still the valid one?
                  Thanks Christoph

                  Christoph Zeller
                  Abt. NT
                  Fr. Sauter AG
                  Im Surinam 55, CH-4016 Basel
                  Telefon +41 (0)61 695 55 55
                  Telefax +41 (0)61 695 56 19
                  http://www.sauter-controls.com

                  DISCLAIMER:
                  This communication, and the information it contains is for the sole use of
                  the intended recipient. It is confidential, may be legally privileged and
                  protected by law. Unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of any part
                  thereof may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error,
                  please destroy all copies and kindly notify the sender.

                  Before printing out this e-mail or its attachments, please consider
                  whether
                  it is really necessary to do so.
                  Using less paper helps the environment.

                  Von:
                  Steve Karg <steve@...>
                  An:
                  BACnetLighting@yahoogroups.com
                  Datum:
                  13.01.2010 16:59
                  Re: RE: [BACnetLighting] Re: Meeting in Orlando, Florida
                  Gesendet von:

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 13, 2010
                    Hello Christoph,

                    > the RLH-001.pdf is dated 15 June 2009.
                    > This is significantly older than our last meeting.
                    > Is it still the valid one?

                    We have not discussed this proposal in a long time, and there have
                    been no revisions posted by Rick or Robert. The RLH-001 posted on
                    Yahoo Groups is the latest file that I have.

                  • Christoph Zeller
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 14, 2010
                      Dear all,
                      I was rereading the draft 7 for the Addendum i.
                      As follow the concerns I found in the document:

                      - Chapter 12.X.9 paragraph 2 (just under the table 12-Y)
                      ... or the priority field of the LIghtingCommand if present

                      The concept I see is that if this field in the lighting command is
                      present its this content to be used, if the field is not present in the
                      lighting command then
                      the property priority is used. Which one of the two has the priority
                      might not be clear enough (although you should be able to correclty guess
                      from the context).
                      I would suggest add a paragraph generally describing this behaviour and
                      not repeating it on all occasions (with slightly different language in the
                      next paragraph).
                      It should be considered to change the language for all such fields of
                      the lighting command.
                      One possible solution to make it even more clear is to rename the
                      corresponding properties to Default_xxx.

                      - Chapter 12.X.15.1 Blink Warning Behaviour
                      I guess that the description of auto-reliquish is not behaving as
                      expected:
                      Example: We have a priority Array with one populated Entry of 100% at
                      priority 12. All other entries are NULL.
                      Now we are writing 0% to priority 8 which triggers blink warning. Blink
                      Warning is inserting 0% to priority 6 for Blink-Time.
                      Next 100% is written to priority 6 to restore the previous level for
                      Warn-Delay seconds. Then priority 6 should be relinquished.
                      Unfortunately with the language written we are relinquishing priority 8
                      which results in 100% (Why did we had a Blink-Warning?)
                      There might be more ambiguities with auto-relinquish I was not checking
                      all occurences so far.

                      The critical point with interference with COV-Notifications is still not
                      resolved!

                      - Chapter 12.X.30/31
                      introducing a new concept of automatically readjust min_pres_value and
                      max_pres_value if they are commanded to opposite directions.
                      In all other objects this is not done and potentially controversal
                      during public review (Analog Output Objects are not mentioning it).
                      If we introduce it here, we should consider introducing the same
                      mechanism to all other opjects as well.

                      See you soon in Orlando
                      Regards
                      Christoph

                      Christoph Zeller
                      Abt. NT
                      Fr. Sauter AG
                      Im Surinam 55, CH-4016 Basel
                      Telefon +41 (0)61 695 55 55
                      Telefax +41 (0)61 695 56 19
                      http://www.sauter-controls.com

                      DISCLAIMER:
                      This communication, and the information it contains is for the sole use of
                      the intended recipient. It is confidential, may be legally privileged and
                      protected by law. Unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of any part
                      thereof may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error,
                      please destroy all copies and kindly notify the sender.

                      Before printing out this e-mail or its attachments, please consider
                      whether
                      it is really necessary to do so.
                      Using less paper helps the environment.

                      Von:
                      Steve Karg <steve@...>
                      An:
                      BACnetLighting@yahoogroups.com
                      Datum:
                      13.01.2010 18:13
                      Re: Re: RE: [BACnetLighting] Re: Meeting in Orlando, Florida
                      Gesendet von: