Re: [BACnetLighting] Add 135-2008i PPR4 Draft 5

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 11, 2009
      Hi David,

      > I believe the principle should be:
      >
      > 1.       If you only support one timer then you must only support writing a Lighting Command at the priority specified in the Lighting Command Priority property.
      >
      > 2.       If you support writing at any priority then you must support concurrent auto-relinquish on each of those priorities (i.e., multiple timers)

      I agree with those principles.

      The language I had proposed (now modified since David F figured out
      about one less timer, and includes the surrounding text) does just
      that by returning an error in the case of (1) for a single timer
      implementation. You could optionally ignore the priority field in
      that case, but I didn't think that was a good option.

      <change to 12.X.9 Lighting_Command>
      Any lighting command operation can specify a time duration in seconds
      after which the target level Priority_Array slot is relinquished
      automatically by writing a NULL value to that slot.

      An implementation may choose to have one duration timer or fifteen
      duration timers (one duration timer for each priority slot, except
      Priority 6). If only one timer is implemented, and a priority field
      and a duration field are specified together, then a Result(-) shall be
      returned with an error class of PROPERTY and an error code of
      OPTIONAL_FUNCTIONALITY_NOT_SUPPORTED.

      If duration is not specified, then no automatic relinquish shall be
      assumed and any previously specified duration shall remain in effect.

      If a duration is specified and is greater than zero, it shall reset
      any previously specified duration that is currently in effect for that
      priority slot. If a duration of zero is specified, it shall stop any
      duration currently in effect for that priority slot, canceling the
      automatic relinquish.
      </change>