Meeting in Atlanta, Georgia

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 21, 2009
      Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

      We are scheduled to meet on Tuesday, November 10, 2009, from 8am to
      5pm, in Room 127B of Building# 175: Technology Square Research
      Building (TSRB) at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia.

      The plenary meetings for SSPC-135 BACnet will be on Thursday, November
      12, 2009. Other BACnet working group meetings will be held on Monday,
      Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday (November 9-13).

      LA-WG agenda items:

      1. SSPC-135-2008 Addendum i PPR4 revision
      Develop the revised text for SSPC-135-2008 Addendum i for the fourth
      public review for the Lighting Output object and its friends.
      2. Discuss Addendum H clause H.X "Using BACnet with DALI"
      3. Discuss BACnet Schedule for Dawn Dusk (removed from 2008 Addendum W)
      4. IESNA Computer Committee XML standard for photosensors - BACnet
      applicability?
      5. Discuss Lighting Application BIBB and 135.1 Testing additions.

      Please post any additional Lighting Application working group agenda
      items to this list.

      The Watt Stopper / Legrand
      ---
      SSPC 135 Working Group Meeting
      Rooms 127 A&B
      Building# 175
      Technology Square Research Building (TSRB)
      Georgia Tech
      85 5th St NW
      Atlanta, Georgia
      http://gtalumni.org/campusmap/campusmap.php?section=6

      Georgia Tech Contact:
      Donald Alexander
      Institute Engineer
      Manager Facilities Engineering
      955 Fowler St. NW
      Atlanta, Ga. 30332-0410
      Tel: 404-894-4235, Fax: 404-894-8188
      don.alexander@...

      Hotel:
      Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
      800 Spring Street NW
      Atlanta, GA 30308
      (404) 347-9440
      To book rooms, use this reservations link
      http://www.secure-res.com/res/vn3/cglogin.aspx?hotelid=2871&rlog=957
      Group Reservation Password: bacnet1109

      Rate: $99.00 + tax
      Reservations must be made before October 6th.
    • Joerg Broeker
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 24, 2009
        Hi Steve & all the rest of the BACnet Lighting Working Group!

        Unfortunately I will not have the possibility to attend. Nevertheless I would like to follow the proceedings of this group. Are there any relevant documents (meeting notes, addenda drafts) I might want to have a look at?

        Further, are you aware that (at least in Europe) the DALI standard is currently enhanced/updated? Firstly it is move to a standard of its own (IEC 62386). Then it defines different types of control gear besides fluorescent ballasts (e.g. low voltage halogen, led, emergency lights, etc.). Finally it will define other device classes (control devices, sensors, ...). Might be something to take into account for Addendum H clause H.X "Using BACnet with DALI".

        Best regards,

        Jörg

        --
        Joerg Broeker
        LOYTEC electronics GmbH

        Networks under control!
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 24, 2009
          Hello Jörg,

          > Are there any relevant documents (meeting notes, addenda drafts) I might want to have a look at?

          I posted the agenda, meeting minutes, Addendum 2008-i PPR3 and
          Atlanta/Working Groups/LA-WG/" folder. Access to the server is at:
          ftp://ftp.bacnet.org/
          login: SSPC
          pass: 135

          We have not completed a Addendum 2008-i PPR4 draft yet. If it is
          completed before the meeting then it will be posted.

          > Further, are you aware that (at least in Europe) the DALI standard is currently enhanced/updated?

          Yes. Robert Hick (Leviton) and Rick Leinen (Leviton) have been giving
          our working group updates on the progress of the IEC/NEMA DALI
          standard, and they drafted the Annex H clause H.X "Using BACnet with
          DALI".

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 14, 2010
            Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

            We are scheduled to meet on Tuesday, October 26, 2010, from 8am to
            noon, and Wednesday, October 27, 2010, from 8am to 5pm, in Room 133 of
            Building# 175: Technology Square Research Building (TSRB) at Georgia
            Tech in Atlanta, Georgia.

            The plenary meetings for SSPC-135 BACnet will be on Thursday, October
            28, 2009 and Friday, October 29, 2010. Other BACnet working group
            meetings will be held on Monday,
            Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (October 25-28).

            LA-WG agenda items:

            1. SSPC-135-2008 Addendum i PPR5 revision
            - Complete the comment responses from PPR4.
            - Develop the revised text for SSPC-135-2008 Addendum i for the fifth
            public review for the Lighting Output object and its friends.

            2. Discuss Annex H clause H.X "Using BACnet with DALI"

            Please post any additional Lighting Application working group agenda
            items to this list.

            The Watt Stopper
            ---
            SSPC 135 Working Group Meeting
            Rooms 133/134
            Building# 175
            Technology Square Research Building (TSRB)
            Georgia Tech
            85 5th St NW
            Atlanta, Georgia
            http://gtalumni.org/campusmap/campusmap.php?section=6

            Georgia Tech Contact:
            Donald Alexander
            Institute Engineer
            Manager Facilities Engineering
            955 Fowler St. NW
            Atlanta, Ga. 30332-0410
            Tel: 404-894-4235, Fax: 404-894-8188
            don.alexander@...

            Hotel:
            Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
            800 Spring Street NW
            Atlanta, GA 30308
            (404) 347-9440
            Rate: $119.00 + tax
            Reservations should be made before September 24th.

            To book rooms, use this reservations link:
            http://www.secure-res.com/res/vn3/cglogin.aspx?hotelid=2871&rlog=957&pd=bacnet1010

            You can also access the BACnet reservations link by logging on to the
            hotel website www.gatechhotel.com , clicking on the button “Group
            Booking” and entering the group password – “bacnet1010”
            or call the hotel directly by calling (800) 706-2899 or (404) 838-2100.
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 8, 2011
              Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

              We are scheduled to meet on Tuesday, October 25, 2011, from 8:30am to
              12:20pm, in Room 133/134 of Building# 175: Technology Square Research
              Building (TSRB) at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia.

              We are also scheduled to meet on Wednesday, October 26, 2011, from
              8:30am to 12:20pm, in Room 133 of Building# 175: Technology Square
              Research Building (TSRB) at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia.

              The plenary meetings for SSPC-135 BACnet will be on Thursday, October
              27, 2011. Other BACnet working group meetings will be held on Monday,
              Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (October 24-28, 2011).

              LA-WG agenda items:

              1. SSPC-135-2010 Addendum i PPR5 comment responses (if any)
              2. Discuss the following proposals which are currently on-hold:
              RLH-001-3b – Annex H “Using BACnet with DALI”
              STK-021-1 – Lighting BIBB
              DMF-047 – Theatrical Lighting Object
              DMF-054 – Adding color to the Lighting Object
              STK-024 – Blink Warning in Binary objects
              DMF-028 – Famous Times
              STK-025 – Binary threshold for lighting outputs

              Please post any additional Lighting Application working group agenda
              items to this list.

              Watt Stopper
              ---
              SSPC 135 Working Group Meeting
              Rooms 133, 134, and Auditorium
              Building# 175
              Technology Square Research Building (TSRB)
              Georgia Tech
              85 5th St NW
              Atlanta, Georgia
              http://gtalumni.org/campusmap/campusmap.php?section=6

              Georgia Tech Contact:
              Donald Alexander
              Institute Engineer
              Manager Facilities Engineering
              955 Fowler St. NW
              Atlanta, Ga. 30332-0410
              Tel: 404-894-4235, Fax: 404-894-8188
              don.alexander@...

              Airport:
              Served by Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
              http://www.atlanta-airport.com/

              Hotel:
              Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
              800 Spring Street NW
              Atlanta, GA 30308
              (404) 347-9440

              Rate: $125.00 + tax
              Reservations should be made before September 23th.

              To book rooms, use this reservations link:
              http://www.secure-res.com/res/vn3/cglogin.aspx?hotelid=2871&rlog=957&pd=bacnet1011

              You can also access the BACnet reservations link by logging on to the
              hotel website www.gatechhotel.com , clicking on the button “Group
              Booking” and entering the group password – "bacnet1011"

              Both non-smoking King and Two Queen bedding accommodations have been
              blocked for this group. Please note that all guestrooms are
              nonsmoking. For any other requests or inquiries, please enter this
              information within the appropriate request boxes during the
              reservations process or call the hotel directly by calling (800)
              706-2899 or (404) 838-2100.
              Hotel reservation’s hours are Monday through Friday 8am-7pm; Saturday 9am-5pm.