proposed change to addendum i

  • David Ritter
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2008

      Hi BACneteers,

      During the past public review period for addendum i Delta Controls argued that the proposed lighting output was confusing because it could be either binary or analog. There are properties which are only applicable to binary lights and those which are only applicable to analog lights.

      We had argued for two separate lighting control objects but this was rejected by the Lighting Application working group. While we accept response of the committee we would like to present the Lighting Output object to the operator differently depending on whether the object is controlling an analog or binary light. However, there is no way to determine this by simply looking at the object. To resolve this we propose adding a required Boolean property that would specify whether the control is analog or binary:

      12.x.x Output_Type

      This property of type BACnetLightingControl is used to specify whether this output is used to control a binary or analog lighting device. If the value of this property is BINARY_CONTROL then this output controls a binary lighting devices and the properties Binary_Active_Value and Binary_Inactive_Value must be present. If the value of this property is ANALOG_CONTROL then this output controls an analog lighting device.

      We could leave out the part specifying Binary_Active_Value and Binar_Inactive_Value as being required but then we should specify default value if these properties are not present.

      Would this be acceptable to the working group?

      David Ritter M.Sc.

      Delta Controls Inc.

      17850 56th Ave

      Surrey, BC