Meeting in Atlanta, Georgia

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
      Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

      We are scheduled to meet in the Room 127B of Building# 175 Technology
      Square Research Building (TSRB) in Atlanta, Georgia, from 8:30 AM to
      Noon on Monday, September 15, 2008, and also in Room 127A from 8:30
      AM to Noon on Thursday, September 18, 2008. Other working groups will
      be meeting as well during the week.

      LA-WG current agenda items:

      1. Review the responses from SSPC-135-2004 Addendum i PPR2. Develop
      the revised text for SSPC-135-2004 Addendum i PPR3 for the third
      public review for the Lighting Output object and its friends.

      2. Discuss proposed Color for lighting (DMF-051, DMF-054).

      3. Discuss proposed Addendum H clause H.X Using BACnet with DALI.

      Please post any additional Lighting Application working group agenda
      items to this list.

      The WattStopper
      ---------------------------------------
      SSPC 135 Working Group Meeting
      Rooms 127 A&B
      Building# 175
      Technology Square Research Building (TSRB)
      Georgia Tech
      85 5th St NW
      Atlanta, Georgia
      http://gtalumni.org/campusmap/campusmap.php?section=6

      Georgia Tech Contact:
      Donald Alexander
      Institute Engineer
      Manager Facilities Engineering
      955 Fowler St. NW
      Atlanta, Ga. 30332-0410
      Tel: 404-894-4235, Fax: 404-894-8188
      don.alexander@...

      Hotel:
      Courtyard by Marriott
      http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/atlmn-courtyard-atlanta-midtown-georgia-tech/

      1132 Techwood Drive
      Atlanta, Georgia 30318 USA
      Phone: +1-404-607-1112
      Fax: +1-404-607-1020

      Block: "bacbaca"
      Rate: $109.00 + tax
      On-site parking: Free
      Internet: Free
      Reservations must be made before September 1st.
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 14, 2008
        Hello Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

        The Lighting Applications working group met in Atlanta, Georgia, on
        Monday, September 15, 2008, on Thursday, September 18, 2008. Here are
        the minutes, which are also submitted as LA026-1.doc to the SSPC-135
        BACnet committee chair.

        BACnet - Lighting Applications Working Group
        Meeting Minutes

        September 15, 2008 and September 18, 2008
        Technology Square Research Building (TSRB)
        Georgia Institute of Technology
        Atlanta, Georgia

        Agenda
        1.Opening remarks – by Steve Karg (8:30AM)
        2.Circulation of attendance sheet, and introduction of those present

        Name, Affiliation
        David Fisher, Polarsoft
        René Kälin, Siemens
        Steve Karg, The Watt Stopper / Legrand
        David Ritter, Delta Controls
        Duane King, Lithonia Lighting
        Dana Peterson, Johnson Controls
        Pete Baselici, The Watt Stopper / Legrand
        Robert Hick, Leviton

        3.Meeting role assignments
        time keeper - David Fisher
        scribe - Robert Hick (Monday), Steve Karg (Thursday)
        non-agenda item attendant - Duane King
        4.Minutes from the previous meeting and agenda were approved
        5.Discussion and approval of the agenda for this meeting.
        6.Liaison updates (NEMA, IESNA, DALI) - none
        7.Discussion of SSPC-135-2004 Addendum i PPR2 41 comments (Thursday)
        Steve introduced LA025-1 – Addendum I PPR2 Response Discussions with
        Commenter 0002
        It was decided that further dicussions on PPR2 would be tabled until
        Thursdays meeting
        8.Discuss Addendum H clause H.X "Using BACnet with DALI"
        Robert presented proposal RLH-001-1 and a discussion ensued
        Main Points:
        Format needs to be in accepted style – Steve forwarded style document.
        Should annex be limited to LO, or should it cover AO,BO also? –
        consensus was to cover AO and BO also.
        What about scenes? – Recommend the Multistate Value Object
        Consistent use of terminology
        Need to clarify DALI Variable ranges
        Read of PV should refer to 19.2
        Discussed issues with group addressing
        Progress value may be retrieved or calculated by gateway – local matter
        Ramp-to may be achieved indirectly
        Major discussion about how to use priority array with lighting
        commands in LO object– David will review and suggest solution
        Robert agreed to make revisions by the end of Sept.

        9.Discuss Color and associated properties proposed for lighting
        (DMF-051, DMF-054). David Fisher presented DMF-054-2
        A discussion ensued about having multiple definitions for color (xy, rgb, Tc)
        It was decided that the only color definition should be xy.
        It was also decided that xy should be represented as a sequence of type REAL
        David agreed to revise his proposal.

        Adjournment of Monday Session

        10.Discussion of SSPC-135-2004 Addendum i PPR2 41 comments (Thursday)

        Reviewed comment 0002-004. Discussion of Resolution property in LO.
        Could add property, but add text that talks about non-linear curve in
        DALI or other output.
        [Karg] What about Ramping as we have defined it in LO? DALI is steps
        per seconds, and is non-linear.
        Response: Accept - optional property will be added.

        Reviewed comment 0002-006. Discussed proposed text for
        Power_On_Value. We didn't agree that it was better. David Fisher
        made the case that the device may not be a gateway in the case where
        the controller is communicating to the dimmer via I2C or SPC rather
        than direct microcontroller pin control, and that this property would
        be valuable in those non-gateway applications. We agree to Reject
        this comment, except as noted, and name the Power_On_Value to
        Remote_Power_On_Value and Remote_ System_Failure_Value.

        The use of the BACnet Lighting Output object in both DALI-like and
        non-DALI remote applications has been discussed in our working group
        and as comments to our first public review of this object. We will
        rename the property to clearly convey the intended use.

        Reviewed the remaining 0002 comment which were resolved.

        Reviewed comments from 0005.

        On_Delay, Off_Delay. Priority threshold, priority bit string, or
        Priority 6 mechanism? On_Delay really has no use cases for us.
        Reject, except as noted: On reflection, the functionality of on delay
        is no longer necessary in this object. Therefore, On_Delay will be
        removed from this object.

        Reviewed STK-024 (Priority 6 Blink Warn solution for BO/BV), and feel
        that this could be modified for LO object by referring to the
        Binary_Present_Value. This would eliminate the Blink Priority
        Threshold.

        Reviewed 0005-003 and 0005-004, and discussed Watts versus Kilowatts
        and REAL versus unsigned. We decided to leave the responses as
        written.

        Reviewed 0005-005. David Ritter agreed to be resolved on the response
        as written.

        Reviewed 0005-006. We changed our response to be: Reject.
        It is difficult to be interoperable and represent the dimmest lighting
        level using the smallest REAL number greater than 0. We decided to
        use the value of 1.0 to represent the dimmest value to eliminate the
        issue. This prevents the values 0.0 to 1.0 to be used for the
        Min_Pres_Value and Max_Pres_Value.

        Reviewed 0005-007: We kept the Reject response, but changed the wording.
        The use of the BACnet Lighting Output object in both DALI-like and
        non-DALI remote applications has been discussed in our working group
        and as comments to our first public review of this object. These
        properties are required to make these configuration values network
        visible in a standard way when used with remote applications.

        Reviewed 0005-008, 009, 010, 011, 012, 013: We kept the responses as written.

        Reviewed 0005-014: Reject, except as noted. Changed the response wording to:
        DMF-011, the Lighting Output object proposal, had the time properties
        defined as Unsigned for 9 revisions, until discussion in the SSPC-135
        committee changed the properties to REAL prior to voting the proposal
        out for publication. This was the general consensus of the majority
        of the committee, even though there may have been a few companies that
        preferred to use something else. On reflection the LA-WG agrees that
        unsigned milliseconds is preferable. The use of REAL opens the door to
        negative numbers and ambiguous resolution requirements. For these
        reasons we will change back to unsigned milliseconds with explicit
        qualification of resolution requirements.

        We are also removing On_Delay property, as we cannot see a use case for it.

        Reviewed 0005-015,016: We kept the responses as written.

        Reviewed 0005-017:
        The language in the Elapsed_Active_Time property will be clarified.

        Reviewed 0005-018,017: We kept the responses as written.

        11.Develop the revised text for SSPC-135-2004 Addendum i PPR3 for the
        third public review for the Lighting Output object and its friends.

        David Fisher agreed to revise the text for PP3 by the end of November.

        12.Discuss Color and associated properties proposed for lighting
        (DMF-054). David Fisher presented DMF-054-3

        DAY2 - 8:30-9:30: Fisher revised DMF-054:
        [Karg] ASN.1 for XYColor should not have REAL range of 0-9999, use
        0-1. Also change 12.x 3rd paragraph reference.
        [Ritter] Progress_Color should be required if Present_Color is supported.
        [Fisher] Added color and level to GOTO LEVEL command. Change GOTO
        LEVEL to GOTO.
        [Ritter] What about writes to parameters that are optional but not
        present? Error code?
        [Fisher] That should already be addressed in Lighting Output object.
        Present_Value: Writes to Present_Value of values below 0 or above 100
        shall cause a Result(-) to be returned with an error class of PROPERTY
        and an error code of VALUE_OUT_OF_RANGE.
        Lighting_Command: If Lighting_Command is written with a value that
        specifies an unsupported operation, the write shall fail and a
        Result(-) returned with an error class of PROPERTY and an error class
        of OPTIONAL_FUNCTIONALITY_NOT_SUPPORTED.
        [Fisher] What happens with fade and you don't send a level? Added to
        Non-Agenda Items.

        13.Applications Working Group (AP-WG) request for Lighting
        Applications (Thursday)

        We were asked by the Applications working group to review our needs
        for any Applications Interfaces for Lighting. Here are the items that
        would make for interesting and useful interfaces.
        a) Scheduled occupancy for a room containing one or more Lighting
        Outputs, one or more occupancy sensors, and one or more daylighting
        sensors.
        b) Daylighting with open or close loop sensors
        c) Room Combination
        d) Scene control

        David Fisher presented his white paper about Lighting Control in BACnet.

        14.Discussion of Non-Agenda Items
        15.Schedule for future meetings.
        The group plans to meet at the next SSPC meeting in Chicago, Illinois,
        in January, 2008. The date and time of the meeting will be determined
        at a later date.
        16.Adjournment

        Meeting minutes respectfully submitted by Robert Hick (Monday) and
        Steve Karg (Thursday).
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 21, 2009
          Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

          We are scheduled to meet on Tuesday, November 10, 2009, from 8am to
          5pm, in Room 127B of Building# 175: Technology Square Research
          Building (TSRB) at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia.

          The plenary meetings for SSPC-135 BACnet will be on Thursday, November
          12, 2009. Other BACnet working group meetings will be held on Monday,
          Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday (November 9-13).

          LA-WG agenda items:

          1. SSPC-135-2008 Addendum i PPR4 revision
          Develop the revised text for SSPC-135-2008 Addendum i for the fourth
          public review for the Lighting Output object and its friends.
          2. Discuss Addendum H clause H.X "Using BACnet with DALI"
          3. Discuss BACnet Schedule for Dawn Dusk (removed from 2008 Addendum W)
          4. IESNA Computer Committee XML standard for photosensors - BACnet
          applicability?
          5. Discuss Lighting Application BIBB and 135.1 Testing additions.

          Please post any additional Lighting Application working group agenda
          items to this list.

          The Watt Stopper / Legrand
          ---
          SSPC 135 Working Group Meeting
          Rooms 127 A&B
          Building# 175
          Technology Square Research Building (TSRB)
          Georgia Tech
          85 5th St NW
          Atlanta, Georgia
          http://gtalumni.org/campusmap/campusmap.php?section=6

          Georgia Tech Contact:
          Donald Alexander
          Institute Engineer
          Manager Facilities Engineering
          955 Fowler St. NW
          Atlanta, Ga. 30332-0410
          Tel: 404-894-4235, Fax: 404-894-8188
          don.alexander@...

          Hotel:
          Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
          800 Spring Street NW
          Atlanta, GA 30308
          (404) 347-9440
          To book rooms, use this reservations link
          http://www.secure-res.com/res/vn3/cglogin.aspx?hotelid=2871&rlog=957
          Group Reservation Password: bacnet1109

          Rate: $99.00 + tax
          Reservations must be made before October 6th.
        • Joerg Broeker
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 24, 2009
            Hi Steve & all the rest of the BACnet Lighting Working Group!

            Unfortunately I will not have the possibility to attend. Nevertheless I would like to follow the proceedings of this group. Are there any relevant documents (meeting notes, addenda drafts) I might want to have a look at?

            Further, are you aware that (at least in Europe) the DALI standard is currently enhanced/updated? Firstly it is move to a standard of its own (IEC 62386). Then it defines different types of control gear besides fluorescent ballasts (e.g. low voltage halogen, led, emergency lights, etc.). Finally it will define other device classes (control devices, sensors, ...). Might be something to take into account for Addendum H clause H.X "Using BACnet with DALI".

            Best regards,

            Jörg

            --
            Joerg Broeker
            LOYTEC electronics GmbH

            Networks under control!
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 24, 2009
              Hello Jörg,

              > Are there any relevant documents (meeting notes, addenda drafts) I might want to have a look at?

              I posted the agenda, meeting minutes, Addendum 2008-i PPR3 and
              Atlanta/Working Groups/LA-WG/" folder. Access to the server is at:
              ftp://ftp.bacnet.org/
              login: SSPC
              pass: 135

              We have not completed a Addendum 2008-i PPR4 draft yet. If it is
              completed before the meeting then it will be posted.

              > Further, are you aware that (at least in Europe) the DALI standard is currently enhanced/updated?

              Yes. Robert Hick (Leviton) and Rick Leinen (Leviton) have been giving
              our working group updates on the progress of the IEC/NEMA DALI
              standard, and they drafted the Annex H clause H.X "Using BACnet with
              DALI".

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 14, 2010
                Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

                We are scheduled to meet on Tuesday, October 26, 2010, from 8am to
                noon, and Wednesday, October 27, 2010, from 8am to 5pm, in Room 133 of
                Building# 175: Technology Square Research Building (TSRB) at Georgia
                Tech in Atlanta, Georgia.

                The plenary meetings for SSPC-135 BACnet will be on Thursday, October
                28, 2009 and Friday, October 29, 2010. Other BACnet working group
                meetings will be held on Monday,
                Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (October 25-28).

                LA-WG agenda items:

                1. SSPC-135-2008 Addendum i PPR5 revision
                - Complete the comment responses from PPR4.
                - Develop the revised text for SSPC-135-2008 Addendum i for the fifth
                public review for the Lighting Output object and its friends.

                2. Discuss Annex H clause H.X "Using BACnet with DALI"

                Please post any additional Lighting Application working group agenda
                items to this list.

                The Watt Stopper
                ---
                SSPC 135 Working Group Meeting
                Rooms 133/134
                Building# 175
                Technology Square Research Building (TSRB)
                Georgia Tech
                85 5th St NW
                Atlanta, Georgia
                http://gtalumni.org/campusmap/campusmap.php?section=6

                Georgia Tech Contact:
                Donald Alexander
                Institute Engineer
                Manager Facilities Engineering
                955 Fowler St. NW
                Atlanta, Ga. 30332-0410
                Tel: 404-894-4235, Fax: 404-894-8188
                don.alexander@...

                Hotel:
                Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
                800 Spring Street NW
                Atlanta, GA 30308
                (404) 347-9440
                Rate: $119.00 + tax
                Reservations should be made before September 24th.

                To book rooms, use this reservations link:
                http://www.secure-res.com/res/vn3/cglogin.aspx?hotelid=2871&rlog=957&pd=bacnet1010

                You can also access the BACnet reservations link by logging on to the
                hotel website www.gatechhotel.com , clicking on the button “Group
                Booking” and entering the group password – “bacnet1010”
                or call the hotel directly by calling (800) 706-2899 or (404) 838-2100.
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 8, 2011
                  Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

                  We are scheduled to meet on Tuesday, October 25, 2011, from 8:30am to
                  12:20pm, in Room 133/134 of Building# 175: Technology Square Research
                  Building (TSRB) at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia.

                  We are also scheduled to meet on Wednesday, October 26, 2011, from
                  8:30am to 12:20pm, in Room 133 of Building# 175: Technology Square
                  Research Building (TSRB) at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia.

                  The plenary meetings for SSPC-135 BACnet will be on Thursday, October
                  27, 2011. Other BACnet working group meetings will be held on Monday,
                  Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (October 24-28, 2011).

                  LA-WG agenda items:

                  1. SSPC-135-2010 Addendum i PPR5 comment responses (if any)
                  2. Discuss the following proposals which are currently on-hold:
                  RLH-001-3b – Annex H “Using BACnet with DALI”
                  STK-021-1 – Lighting BIBB
                  DMF-047 – Theatrical Lighting Object
                  DMF-054 – Adding color to the Lighting Object
                  STK-024 – Blink Warning in Binary objects
                  DMF-028 – Famous Times
                  STK-025 – Binary threshold for lighting outputs

                  Please post any additional Lighting Application working group agenda
                  items to this list.

                  Watt Stopper
                  ---
                  SSPC 135 Working Group Meeting
                  Rooms 133, 134, and Auditorium
                  Building# 175
                  Technology Square Research Building (TSRB)
                  Georgia Tech
                  85 5th St NW
                  Atlanta, Georgia
                  http://gtalumni.org/campusmap/campusmap.php?section=6

                  Georgia Tech Contact:
                  Donald Alexander
                  Institute Engineer
                  Manager Facilities Engineering
                  955 Fowler St. NW
                  Atlanta, Ga. 30332-0410
                  Tel: 404-894-4235, Fax: 404-894-8188
                  don.alexander@...

                  Airport:
                  Served by Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
                  http://www.atlanta-airport.com/

                  Hotel:
                  Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
                  800 Spring Street NW
                  Atlanta, GA 30308
                  (404) 347-9440

                  Rate: $125.00 + tax
                  Reservations should be made before September 23th.

                  To book rooms, use this reservations link:
                  http://www.secure-res.com/res/vn3/cglogin.aspx?hotelid=2871&rlog=957&pd=bacnet1011

                  You can also access the BACnet reservations link by logging on to the
                  hotel website www.gatechhotel.com , clicking on the button “Group
                  Booking” and entering the group password – "bacnet1011"

                  Both non-smoking King and Two Queen bedding accommodations have been
                  blocked for this group. Please note that all guestrooms are
                  nonsmoking. For any other requests or inquiries, please enter this
                  information within the appropriate request boxes during the
                  reservations process or call the hotel directly by calling (800)
                  706-2899 or (404) 838-2100.
                  Hotel reservation’s hours are Monday through Friday 8am-7pm; Saturday 9am-5pm.