Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Meeting in Atlanta, Georgia

Expand Messages
  • Steve Karg
    Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group! We are scheduled to meet in the Room 127A of Building# 175 Technology Square Research Building (TSRB) in Atlanta, Georgia,
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 15, 2007
    View Source
    • 0 Attachment
      Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

      We are scheduled to meet in the Room 127A of Building# 175 Technology
      Square Research Building (TSRB) in Atlanta, Georgia, from 8:30 AM to
      5:00 PM on Tuesday, September 18, 2007. Other working groups will be
      meeting as well during the week. Their schedule is appended below.

      More information about what the other working groups do can be found
      at the BACnet website:
      http://www.bacnet.org/WG/

      LA-WG current agenda items:

      1. Review and bless the content of SSPC-135-2004 Addendum i PPR2.
      This is the second public review for the Lighting Output object and
      its friends. It will include the changes that we promised from the
      PPR1 comments. Hopefully this material will be available prior to the
      meeting.

      2. Discuss DMF-032 WriteGroup service and DMF-043 Channel object.
      DMF-032-4 and DMF-043-2 are available on the LA-WG Yahoo Group site
      and will be in the BACnet FTP folder for this meeting.

      3. Discuss Color and associated properties for lighting. Various
      properties of theater lights under DMX512 control or colored
      architectural lighting. Features (like color, pattern, focus, prism,
      pan (horizontal swing), tilt (vertical swing), rotation speed,
      animation, shutter, and strobe), their properties and value ranges,
      and what needs to be included in an object or profile for BACnet
      interoperabilty.

      4. After SSPC-135-2004 Addendum i passes public review, an Addendum H
      clause H.X Using BACnet with DALI will need to be drafted. Volunteers?

      Please post any additional Lighting Application working group agenda
      items to this list.

      Best Regards,

      Steve Karg
      The WattStopper
      ---------------------------------------
      SSPC 135 Working Group Meeting Schedule
      Rooms 127 A&B
      Building# 175
      Technology Square Research Building (TSRB)
      Georgia Tech
      85 5th St NW
      Atlanta, Georgia
      http://gtalumni.org/campusmap/campusmap.php?section=6
      Sept. 2007

      Monday, September 17, 2007
      8:30 AM to Noon AP/OS-WG (Room 127A)
      Noon to 5 PM AP-WG (Room 127A)
      Noon to 2 PM XML-WG (Room 127B)

      Tuesday, September 18, 2007
      8:30 AM to 5 PM LA-WG (Room 127A)
      8:30 AM to 10:30 AM LSS/NS-WG (Room 127B)
      10:30 AM to 5 PM NS-WG (Room 127B)

      Wednesday, September 19, 2007
      8:30 AM to 5 PM SSPC-135 (Room 127A)

      Thursday, September 20, 2007
      8:30 AM to 10:30 AM NS-WG (Room 127A)
      Noon to 5 PM UI-WG (Room 127A)
      Noon to 3 PM TI-WG (Room 127B)
      3 PM to 5 PM MSTP-WG (Room 127B)

      Friday, September 21, 2007
      8:30 AM to Noon OS-WG (Room 127A)

      Georgia Tech Contact:
      Donald Alexander
      Institute Engineer
      Manager Facilities Engineering
      955 Fowler St. NW
      Atlanta, Ga. 30332-0410
      Tel: 404-894-4235, Fax: 404-894-8188
      don.alexander@...

      Hotel:
      Hampton Inn & Suites
      http://www.hamptonsuitesatlanta.com/
      161 Spring Street, NW
      Atlanta, Georgia 30303 USA
      Phone: +1 (404) 589-1111 / 1-800-HAMPTON
      Fax: +1 (404) 589-8999
      To book online:
      http://www.hamptonsuitesatlanta.com/reservations.php
      Block: BNG ("Bac Net group")
      Rate:
      $99.00 + tax (King or 2 Double beds),
      $119.00 + tax (suite)
      On-site parking: $15.00/day
      Reservations must be made before August 24th.
      --
      http://steve.kargs.net/
    • Steve Karg
      Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group! We met in Atlanta in September, 2007. Sorry it has taken so long to post the minutes from that meeting. They have also
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 5, 2007
      View Source
      • 0 Attachment
        Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

        We met in Atlanta in September, 2007. Sorry it has taken so long to
        post the minutes from that meeting. They have also been sent to the
        BACnet committee as LA021.doc.

        Best Regards,

        Steve Karg
        --------------------------------------------
        BACnet - Lighting Applications Working Group
        Meeting Minutes
        September 18, 2007
        Georgia Tech, Room 127A
        Atlanta, Georgia

        1.Opening remarks â€" working group (8:30AM)
        2.Circulation of attendance sheet, and introduction of those present

        Name, Affiliation
        David Fisher, Polarsoft
        Steve Karg, The Watt Stopper
        Bob Johnson, Siemens Building Technology
        Roland Laird, Reliable Controls
        Bill Swan, Honeywell
        Robert Hick, Leviton
        Sharon Dinges, Trane
        Pete Baselici, The Watt Stopper

        3.Meeting role assignments
        time keeper: David Fisher
        scribe - Robert Hick
        non-agenda item attendant - Bob Johnson
        4.Approval of the minutes from the previous meeting.
        5.Discussion and approval of the agenda for this meeting.
        6.Liaison updates (NEMA, IESNA, DALI)

        Robert Hick reported on activities of NEMA and IEC.

        NEMA was in the final stages of a co-funded project with the
        California Energy Commission to demonstrate the NEMA 243 DALI
        protocol. Prototypes have been built and site selection is pending.

        IEC is drafting a new IEC 62386 DALI protocol standard to replace
        original IEC 60929 E.4 version:

        Digital Addressable Lighting Interface â€" Part 100 General Requirements
        62386-101: System
        62386-102: Control Gear
        62386-103: Control Devices

        Digital Addressable Lighting Interface â€" Part 200 Particular
        Requirements for Control Gear
        62386-201: Fluorescent Lamps
        62386-202: Emergency Lighting
        62386-203: HID Lamps
        62386-204: Low Voltage Halogen Lamps
        62386-205: Incandescent Lamps
        62386-206: Conversion into D.C. Voltage
        62386-207: LED Modules
        62386-208: Switching Function
        62386-209: Colour Control
        62386-210: Sequencer
        62386-211: Optical Control

        Digital Addressable Lighting Interface â€" Part 300 Particular
        Requirements for Control Devices
        62386-301: XML Operation
        62386-302: 24-bit forward frame â€" NEMA 243 protocol

        It was proposed that after SSPC-135-2004 Addendum i passes public
        review, an Addendum H clause H.X Using BACnet with DALI will need to
        be drafted. Robert Hick volunteered to write the draft.

        7.Review SSPC-135-2004 Addendum i PPR2
        Unresolved comments were reviewed as follows:

        Comment 5-2 Power failure and Null
        After discussion it was decided to reword 12.30 to allow option for
        Null to represent physical value prior to power failure as local matter.

        Comment 3-3 Present_Value as real is overkill
        After discussion it was decided to keep Present_Value as is.

        Comment 3-4 Change name of Progress_Value
        After discussion it was decided to keep the name Progress_Value as is.

        Comment 3-12 Elapsed_Active_Time changed to hours
        It was discussed that lighting periods may be less then an hour, such
        as with occupancy sensing and hours may easily derived from seconds.
        After discussion it was decided to keep Elapsed_Active_Time as seconds.

        Comment 3-15 Extending BO Object
        A lengthy discussion ensued concerning the justification to overload
        the BO object. It was decided that there were several options.
        1. Keep the LO Object as is and Overload BO as proposed
        2. Keep the LO Object and add properties suggested for BO â€" Cut_In/out
        3. Keep the LO Object as is and create BLO object
        4. Look at subclassing â€" profiles

        It was decided to add properties to represent Cut_In / Cut_Out (or
        equivalent names) to the LO object and abandon the proposal to
        overload BO.

        Comment 3-16 Min on/off time
        After discussion it was decided that min on and off time should be a
        local matter determined by the lighting load type and to not add
        minimum on and off time properties.

        Review of changes to 135-i-ppr2
        Added more detailed description to introduction
        Removed “Allowable”
        Added Cut_In Cut_Out properties, allow with Min_PV

        Discussion about what happens if the BO changes are withdrawn?
        Use strikeouts and only changes are open for comment or resubmit
        complete revised document for new round of comment?

        8.LA-WG proposal discussion / resolution via consensus

        DMF-043.2 Channel Object
        After reviewing and discussing changes, it was decided to accept the
        proposal and send to SSPC

        DMF-032 WriteGroup service
        After discussion it was decided to make the following changes
        Write_Priority â€" Required
        Fix Group Number â€" unsigned 32
        Send to SSPC as DMF-032.5

        Color and associated properties for lighting.
        Discussion about how to define color. Is RGB appropriate? What about
        CIE x,y coordinates. Color temperature?
        It was noted the IEC Dali committee has done a lot of work on defining
        load types in draft IEC62386 to include color changing devices and
        automated light fixtures. Robert H will seek permission to share
        these draft documents for discussion.

        Robert also noted that Leviton has produced definitions for almost
        every automated light fixture and agreed to seek permission to share
        that information.

        Further discussion should take place via email / group discussion
        board prior to next meeting.

        Additional Meeting Discussion
        The remainder of the meeting was spent crafting the text to be used
        for Addendum i PPR2 changes. The Addendum i PPR2 draft will be posted
        on the Yahoo! Groups website for review prior to SSPC 135 committee
        meeting in January, 2008.

        9.Discussion of Non-Agenda Items
        10.Schedule for future meetings.
        The group plans to meet at the next ASHRAE/SSPC meeting in New York in
        January. The date and time of the meeting will be determined at a
        later date.
        11.Adjournment

        Meeting minutes respectfully submitted by Robert Hick. Edits by Steve
        Karg.
      • Steve Karg
        Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group! We are scheduled to meet in the Room 127B of Building# 175 Technology Square Research Building (TSRB) in Atlanta, Georgia,
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
        View Source
        • 0 Attachment
          Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

          We are scheduled to meet in the Room 127B of Building# 175 Technology
          Square Research Building (TSRB) in Atlanta, Georgia, from 8:30 AM to
          Noon on Monday, September 15, 2008, and also in Room 127A from 8:30
          AM to Noon on Thursday, September 18, 2008. Other working groups will
          be meeting as well during the week.

          LA-WG current agenda items:

          1. Review the responses from SSPC-135-2004 Addendum i PPR2. Develop
          the revised text for SSPC-135-2004 Addendum i PPR3 for the third
          public review for the Lighting Output object and its friends.

          2. Discuss proposed Color for lighting (DMF-051, DMF-054).

          3. Discuss proposed Addendum H clause H.X Using BACnet with DALI.

          Please post any additional Lighting Application working group agenda
          items to this list.

          Best Regards,

          Steve Karg
          The WattStopper
          ---------------------------------------
          SSPC 135 Working Group Meeting
          Rooms 127 A&B
          Building# 175
          Technology Square Research Building (TSRB)
          Georgia Tech
          85 5th St NW
          Atlanta, Georgia
          http://gtalumni.org/campusmap/campusmap.php?section=6

          Georgia Tech Contact:
          Donald Alexander
          Institute Engineer
          Manager Facilities Engineering
          955 Fowler St. NW
          Atlanta, Ga. 30332-0410
          Tel: 404-894-4235, Fax: 404-894-8188
          don.alexander@...

          Hotel:
          Courtyard by Marriott
          http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/atlmn-courtyard-atlanta-midtown-georgia-tech/

          1132 Techwood Drive
          Atlanta, Georgia 30318 USA
          Phone: +1-404-607-1112
          Fax: +1-404-607-1020

          Block: "bacbaca"
          Rate: $109.00 + tax
          On-site parking: Free
          Internet: Free
          Reservations must be made before September 1st.
          --
          http://steve.kargs.net/
        • Steve Karg
          Hello Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group! The Lighting Applications working group met in Atlanta, Georgia, on Monday, September 15, 2008, on Thursday,
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 14, 2008
          View Source
          • 0 Attachment
            Hello Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

            The Lighting Applications working group met in Atlanta, Georgia, on
            Monday, September 15, 2008, on Thursday, September 18, 2008. Here are
            the minutes, which are also submitted as LA026-1.doc to the SSPC-135
            BACnet committee chair.

            Best Regards,

            Steve Karg

            --------------------------------------------
            BACnet - Lighting Applications Working Group
            Meeting Minutes

            September 15, 2008 and September 18, 2008
            Technology Square Research Building (TSRB)
            Georgia Institute of Technology
            Atlanta, Georgia

            Agenda
            1.Opening remarks – by Steve Karg (8:30AM)
            2.Circulation of attendance sheet, and introduction of those present

            Name, Affiliation
            David Fisher, Polarsoft
            René Kälin, Siemens
            Steve Karg, The Watt Stopper / Legrand
            David Ritter, Delta Controls
            Duane King, Lithonia Lighting
            Dana Peterson, Johnson Controls
            Pete Baselici, The Watt Stopper / Legrand
            Robert Hick, Leviton

            3.Meeting role assignments
            time keeper - David Fisher
            scribe - Robert Hick (Monday), Steve Karg (Thursday)
            non-agenda item attendant - Duane King
            4.Minutes from the previous meeting and agenda were approved
            5.Discussion and approval of the agenda for this meeting.
            6.Liaison updates (NEMA, IESNA, DALI) - none
            7.Discussion of SSPC-135-2004 Addendum i PPR2 41 comments (Thursday)
            Steve introduced LA025-1 – Addendum I PPR2 Response Discussions with
            Commenter 0002
            It was decided that further dicussions on PPR2 would be tabled until
            Thursdays meeting
            8.Discuss Addendum H clause H.X "Using BACnet with DALI"
            Robert presented proposal RLH-001-1 and a discussion ensued
            Main Points:
            Format needs to be in accepted style – Steve forwarded style document.
            Should annex be limited to LO, or should it cover AO,BO also? –
            consensus was to cover AO and BO also.
            What about scenes? – Recommend the Multistate Value Object
            Consistent use of terminology
            Need to clarify DALI Variable ranges
            Read of PV should refer to 19.2
            Discussed issues with group addressing
            Progress value may be retrieved or calculated by gateway – local matter
            Ramp-to may be achieved indirectly
            Major discussion about how to use priority array with lighting
            commands in LO object– David will review and suggest solution
            Robert agreed to make revisions by the end of Sept.

            9.Discuss Color and associated properties proposed for lighting
            (DMF-051, DMF-054). David Fisher presented DMF-054-2
            A discussion ensued about having multiple definitions for color (xy, rgb, Tc)
            It was decided that the only color definition should be xy.
            It was also decided that xy should be represented as a sequence of type REAL
            David agreed to revise his proposal.

            Adjournment of Monday Session

            10.Discussion of SSPC-135-2004 Addendum i PPR2 41 comments (Thursday)

            Reviewed comment 0002-004. Discussion of Resolution property in LO.
            Could add property, but add text that talks about non-linear curve in
            DALI or other output.
            [Karg] What about Ramping as we have defined it in LO? DALI is steps
            per seconds, and is non-linear.
            Response: Accept - optional property will be added.

            Reviewed comment 0002-006. Discussed proposed text for
            Power_On_Value. We didn't agree that it was better. David Fisher
            made the case that the device may not be a gateway in the case where
            the controller is communicating to the dimmer via I2C or SPC rather
            than direct microcontroller pin control, and that this property would
            be valuable in those non-gateway applications. We agree to Reject
            this comment, except as noted, and name the Power_On_Value to
            Remote_Power_On_Value and Remote_ System_Failure_Value.

            The use of the BACnet Lighting Output object in both DALI-like and
            non-DALI remote applications has been discussed in our working group
            and as comments to our first public review of this object. We will
            rename the property to clearly convey the intended use.

            Reviewed the remaining 0002 comment which were resolved.

            Reviewed comments from 0005.

            On_Delay, Off_Delay. Priority threshold, priority bit string, or
            Priority 6 mechanism? On_Delay really has no use cases for us.
            Reject, except as noted: On reflection, the functionality of on delay
            is no longer necessary in this object. Therefore, On_Delay will be
            removed from this object.

            Reviewed STK-024 (Priority 6 Blink Warn solution for BO/BV), and feel
            that this could be modified for LO object by referring to the
            Binary_Present_Value. This would eliminate the Blink Priority
            Threshold.

            Reviewed 0005-003 and 0005-004, and discussed Watts versus Kilowatts
            and REAL versus unsigned. We decided to leave the responses as
            written.

            Reviewed 0005-005. David Ritter agreed to be resolved on the response
            as written.

            Reviewed 0005-006. We changed our response to be: Reject.
            It is difficult to be interoperable and represent the dimmest lighting
            level using the smallest REAL number greater than 0. We decided to
            use the value of 1.0 to represent the dimmest value to eliminate the
            issue. This prevents the values 0.0 to 1.0 to be used for the
            Min_Pres_Value and Max_Pres_Value.

            Reviewed 0005-007: We kept the Reject response, but changed the wording.
            The use of the BACnet Lighting Output object in both DALI-like and
            non-DALI remote applications has been discussed in our working group
            and as comments to our first public review of this object. These
            properties are required to make these configuration values network
            visible in a standard way when used with remote applications.

            Reviewed 0005-008, 009, 010, 011, 012, 013: We kept the responses as written.

            Reviewed 0005-014: Reject, except as noted. Changed the response wording to:
            DMF-011, the Lighting Output object proposal, had the time properties
            defined as Unsigned for 9 revisions, until discussion in the SSPC-135
            committee changed the properties to REAL prior to voting the proposal
            out for publication. This was the general consensus of the majority
            of the committee, even though there may have been a few companies that
            preferred to use something else. On reflection the LA-WG agrees that
            unsigned milliseconds is preferable. The use of REAL opens the door to
            negative numbers and ambiguous resolution requirements. For these
            reasons we will change back to unsigned milliseconds with explicit
            qualification of resolution requirements.

            We are also removing On_Delay property, as we cannot see a use case for it.

            Reviewed 0005-015,016: We kept the responses as written.

            Reviewed 0005-017:
            The language in the Elapsed_Active_Time property will be clarified.

            Reviewed 0005-018,017: We kept the responses as written.

            11.Develop the revised text for SSPC-135-2004 Addendum i PPR3 for the
            third public review for the Lighting Output object and its friends.

            David Fisher agreed to revise the text for PP3 by the end of November.

            12.Discuss Color and associated properties proposed for lighting
            (DMF-054). David Fisher presented DMF-054-3

            DAY2 - 8:30-9:30: Fisher revised DMF-054:
            [Karg] ASN.1 for XYColor should not have REAL range of 0-9999, use
            0-1. Also change 12.x 3rd paragraph reference.
            [Ritter] Progress_Color should be required if Present_Color is supported.
            [Fisher] Added color and level to GOTO LEVEL command. Change GOTO
            LEVEL to GOTO.
            [Ritter] What about writes to parameters that are optional but not
            present? Error code?
            [Fisher] That should already be addressed in Lighting Output object.
            Present_Value: Writes to Present_Value of values below 0 or above 100
            shall cause a Result(-) to be returned with an error class of PROPERTY
            and an error code of VALUE_OUT_OF_RANGE.
            Lighting_Command: If Lighting_Command is written with a value that
            specifies an unsupported operation, the write shall fail and a
            Result(-) returned with an error class of PROPERTY and an error class
            of OPTIONAL_FUNCTIONALITY_NOT_SUPPORTED.
            [Fisher] What happens with fade and you don't send a level? Added to
            Non-Agenda Items.

            13.Applications Working Group (AP-WG) request for Lighting
            Applications (Thursday)

            We were asked by the Applications working group to review our needs
            for any Applications Interfaces for Lighting. Here are the items that
            would make for interesting and useful interfaces.
            a) Scheduled occupancy for a room containing one or more Lighting
            Outputs, one or more occupancy sensors, and one or more daylighting
            sensors.
            b) Daylighting with open or close loop sensors
            c) Room Combination
            d) Scene control

            David Fisher presented his white paper about Lighting Control in BACnet.

            14.Discussion of Non-Agenda Items
            15.Schedule for future meetings.
            The group plans to meet at the next SSPC meeting in Chicago, Illinois,
            in January, 2008. The date and time of the meeting will be determined
            at a later date.
            16.Adjournment

            Meeting minutes respectfully submitted by Robert Hick (Monday) and
            Steve Karg (Thursday).
            --
            http://steve.kargs.net/
          • Steve Karg
            Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group! We are scheduled to meet on Tuesday, November 10, 2009, from 8am to 5pm, in Room 127B of Building# 175: Technology Square
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 21, 2009
            View Source
            • 0 Attachment
              Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

              We are scheduled to meet on Tuesday, November 10, 2009, from 8am to
              5pm, in Room 127B of Building# 175: Technology Square Research
              Building (TSRB) at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia.

              The plenary meetings for SSPC-135 BACnet will be on Thursday, November
              12, 2009. Other BACnet working group meetings will be held on Monday,
              Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday (November 9-13).

              LA-WG agenda items:

              1. SSPC-135-2008 Addendum i PPR4 revision
              Develop the revised text for SSPC-135-2008 Addendum i for the fourth
              public review for the Lighting Output object and its friends.
              2. Discuss Addendum H clause H.X "Using BACnet with DALI"
              3. Discuss BACnet Schedule for Dawn Dusk (removed from 2008 Addendum W)
              4. IESNA Computer Committee XML standard for photosensors - BACnet
              applicability?
              5. Discuss Lighting Application BIBB and 135.1 Testing additions.

              Please post any additional Lighting Application working group agenda
              items to this list.

              Best Regards,

              Steve Karg
              The Watt Stopper / Legrand
              ---
              SSPC 135 Working Group Meeting
              Rooms 127 A&B
              Building# 175
              Technology Square Research Building (TSRB)
              Georgia Tech
              85 5th St NW
              Atlanta, Georgia
              http://gtalumni.org/campusmap/campusmap.php?section=6

              Georgia Tech Contact:
              Donald Alexander
              Institute Engineer
              Manager Facilities Engineering
              955 Fowler St. NW
              Atlanta, Ga. 30332-0410
              Tel: 404-894-4235, Fax: 404-894-8188
              don.alexander@...

              Hotel:
              Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
              800 Spring Street NW
              Atlanta, GA 30308
              (404) 347-9440
              To book rooms, use this reservations link
              http://www.secure-res.com/res/vn3/cglogin.aspx?hotelid=2871&rlog=957
              Group Reservation Password: bacnet1109

              Rate: $99.00 + tax
              Reservations must be made before October 6th.
              --
              http://steve.kargs.net/
            • Joerg Broeker
              Hi Steve & all the rest of the BACnet Lighting Working Group! Unfortunately I will not have the possibility to attend. Nevertheless I would like to follow the
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 24, 2009
              View Source
              • 0 Attachment
                Hi Steve & all the rest of the BACnet Lighting Working Group!

                Unfortunately I will not have the possibility to attend. Nevertheless I would like to follow the proceedings of this group. Are there any relevant documents (meeting notes, addenda drafts) I might want to have a look at?

                Further, are you aware that (at least in Europe) the DALI standard is currently enhanced/updated? Firstly it is move to a standard of its own (IEC 62386). Then it defines different types of control gear besides fluorescent ballasts (e.g. low voltage halogen, led, emergency lights, etc.). Finally it will define other device classes (control devices, sensors, ...). Might be something to take into account for Addendum H clause H.X "Using BACnet with DALI".

                Best regards,

                Jörg

                --
                Joerg Broeker
                LOYTEC electronics GmbH
                Blumengasse 35
                A-1170 Vienna
                Austria/Europe
                jbroeker@...
                www.loytec.com
                Phone: +43-1-4020805-0
                FAX: +43-1-4020805-99

                Networks under control!
              • Steve Karg
                Hello Jörg, ... I posted the agenda, meeting minutes, Addendum 2008-i PPR3 and responses, to the BACnet FTP server under the /2009-11 Atlanta/Working
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 24, 2009
                View Source
                • 0 Attachment
                  Hello Jörg,

                  > Are there any relevant documents (meeting notes, addenda drafts) I might want to have a look at?

                  I posted the agenda, meeting minutes, Addendum 2008-i PPR3 and
                  responses, to the BACnet FTP server under the "/2009-11
                  Atlanta/Working Groups/LA-WG/" folder. Access to the server is at:
                  ftp://ftp.bacnet.org/
                  login: SSPC
                  pass: 135

                  We have not completed a Addendum 2008-i PPR4 draft yet. If it is
                  completed before the meeting then it will be posted.

                  > Further, are you aware that (at least in Europe) the DALI standard is currently enhanced/updated?

                  Yes. Robert Hick (Leviton) and Rick Leinen (Leviton) have been giving
                  our working group updates on the progress of the IEC/NEMA DALI
                  standard, and they drafted the Annex H clause H.X "Using BACnet with
                  DALI".

                  Best Regards,

                  Steve
                  --
                  http://steve.kargs.net/
                • Steve Karg
                  Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group! We are scheduled to meet on Tuesday, October 26, 2010, from 8am to noon, and Wednesday, October 27, 2010, from 8am to 5pm,
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 14, 2010
                  View Source
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

                    We are scheduled to meet on Tuesday, October 26, 2010, from 8am to
                    noon, and Wednesday, October 27, 2010, from 8am to 5pm, in Room 133 of
                    Building# 175: Technology Square Research Building (TSRB) at Georgia
                    Tech in Atlanta, Georgia.

                    The plenary meetings for SSPC-135 BACnet will be on Thursday, October
                    28, 2009 and Friday, October 29, 2010. Other BACnet working group
                    meetings will be held on Monday,
                    Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (October 25-28).

                    LA-WG agenda items:

                    1. SSPC-135-2008 Addendum i PPR5 revision
                    - Complete the comment responses from PPR4.
                    - Develop the revised text for SSPC-135-2008 Addendum i for the fifth
                    public review for the Lighting Output object and its friends.

                    2. Discuss Annex H clause H.X "Using BACnet with DALI"

                    Please post any additional Lighting Application working group agenda
                    items to this list.

                    Best Regards,

                    Steve Karg
                    The Watt Stopper
                    ---
                    SSPC 135 Working Group Meeting
                    Rooms 133/134
                    Building# 175
                    Technology Square Research Building (TSRB)
                    Georgia Tech
                    85 5th St NW
                    Atlanta, Georgia
                    http://gtalumni.org/campusmap/campusmap.php?section=6

                    Georgia Tech Contact:
                    Donald Alexander
                    Institute Engineer
                    Manager Facilities Engineering
                    955 Fowler St. NW
                    Atlanta, Ga. 30332-0410
                    Tel: 404-894-4235, Fax: 404-894-8188
                    don.alexander@...

                    Hotel:
                    Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
                    800 Spring Street NW
                    Atlanta, GA 30308
                    (404) 347-9440
                    Rate: $119.00 + tax
                    Reservations should be made before September 24th.

                    To book rooms, use this reservations link:
                    http://www.secure-res.com/res/vn3/cglogin.aspx?hotelid=2871&rlog=957&pd=bacnet1010

                    You can also access the BACnet reservations link by logging on to the
                    hotel website www.gatechhotel.com , clicking on the button “Group
                    Booking” and entering the group password – “bacnet1010”
                    or call the hotel directly by calling (800) 706-2899 or (404) 838-2100.
                    --
                    http://steve.kargs.net/
                  • Steve Karg
                    Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group! We are scheduled to meet on Tuesday, October 25, 2011, from 8:30am to 12:20pm, in Room 133/134 of Building# 175:
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 8, 2011
                    View Source
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

                      We are scheduled to meet on Tuesday, October 25, 2011, from 8:30am to
                      12:20pm, in Room 133/134 of Building# 175: Technology Square Research
                      Building (TSRB) at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia.

                      We are also scheduled to meet on Wednesday, October 26, 2011, from
                      8:30am to 12:20pm, in Room 133 of Building# 175: Technology Square
                      Research Building (TSRB) at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia.

                      The plenary meetings for SSPC-135 BACnet will be on Thursday, October
                      27, 2011. Other BACnet working group meetings will be held on Monday,
                      Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (October 24-28, 2011).

                      LA-WG agenda items:

                      1. SSPC-135-2010 Addendum i PPR5 comment responses (if any)
                      2. Discuss the following proposals which are currently on-hold:
                      RLH-001-3b – Annex H “Using BACnet with DALI”
                      STK-021-1 – Lighting BIBB
                      DMF-047 – Theatrical Lighting Object
                      DMF-054 – Adding color to the Lighting Object
                      STK-024 – Blink Warning in Binary objects
                      DMF-028 – Famous Times
                      STK-025 – Binary threshold for lighting outputs

                      Please post any additional Lighting Application working group agenda
                      items to this list.

                      Best Regards,

                      Steve Karg
                      Watt Stopper
                      ---
                      SSPC 135 Working Group Meeting
                      Rooms 133, 134, and Auditorium
                      Building# 175
                      Technology Square Research Building (TSRB)
                      Georgia Tech
                      85 5th St NW
                      Atlanta, Georgia
                      http://gtalumni.org/campusmap/campusmap.php?section=6

                      Georgia Tech Contact:
                      Donald Alexander
                      Institute Engineer
                      Manager Facilities Engineering
                      955 Fowler St. NW
                      Atlanta, Ga. 30332-0410
                      Tel: 404-894-4235, Fax: 404-894-8188
                      don.alexander@...

                      Airport:
                      Served by Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
                      http://www.atlanta-airport.com/

                      Hotel:
                      Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
                      800 Spring Street NW
                      Atlanta, GA 30308
                      (404) 347-9440

                      Rate: $125.00 + tax
                      Reservations should be made before September 23th.

                      To book rooms, use this reservations link:
                      http://www.secure-res.com/res/vn3/cglogin.aspx?hotelid=2871&rlog=957&pd=bacnet1011

                      You can also access the BACnet reservations link by logging on to the
                      hotel website www.gatechhotel.com , clicking on the button “Group
                      Booking” and entering the group password – "bacnet1011"

                      Both non-smoking King and Two Queen bedding accommodations have been
                      blocked for this group. Please note that all guestrooms are
                      nonsmoking. For any other requests or inquiries, please enter this
                      information within the appropriate request boxes during the
                      reservations process or call the hotel directly by calling (800)
                      706-2899 or (404) 838-2100.
                      Hotel reservation’s hours are Monday through Friday 8am-7pm; Saturday 9am-5pm.
                      --
                      http://steve.kargs.net/
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.