Color and other Theater Lighting Properties

    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2007
      Hello Lighting Applications Working Group!

      At the last meeting we discussed Color as it relates to controlling
      lighting in a Building Automation environment. Some buildings are
      using intelligent theater lighting to provide accent or entry
      displays, or even outdoor lighting.

      I was tasked with providing David Fisher a document that I had stashed
      in my belongings that showed the various properties of theater lights
      for DMX512 control, specifically the intelligent lights. Alas, I
      cannot find the document.

      The document would have contained the DMX512 personalities for various
      intelligent lighting fixtures. Perhaps you have some information that
      you can send to David, or send it to this mailing list, or post a file
      to this YahooGroup.

      A summary of all the features (like color, pattern, focus, prism, pan
      (horizontal swing), tilt (vertical swing), rotation speed, animation,
      shutter, and strobe), their properties and value ranges is really what
      we wanted to see. Additionally, details about the various methods of
      producing color, such as color wheels, dichroic color filters, and
      incremental CYM color mixing filters.

      I found the following fixture manual on the internet for one example
      that I was looking for. It gives the various properties for the
      light, the DMX512 channels, and values that are used, and an idea of
      the range of the values.
      http://www.highend.com/pub/products/automated_luminaires/Trackspot/manual/tsappa.pdf

      Another source of fixture manuals is:
      http://www.moving-lights.com/Pages/Manual_fix.htm

      I also see that Wikipedia.org has listed some of the various
      properties of intelligent lights at:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_lighting