Re: [BACnetLighting] Meeting in Dallas

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2007
      Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

      We met in the City View Room 5 (H4) of the Adam's Mark Hotel in Dallas,
      Texas, from Noon – 2 PM on Friday, January 26, 2007. Here are the
      minutes from the meeting. The minutes are also filed with SSPC-135
      BACnet committee as LA018.doc

      -----------------

      BACnet - Lighting Applications Working Group
      Meeting Minutes
      January, 26 2007
      Dallas, Texas

      LA-WG proposal discussions:

      Lighting Output Object - DMF-011
      Out for 45 day publication public review starting in February, 2007
      [Note: SSPC-135-2004 Addendum I].

      Binary Output Timeout Property - DMF-019
      Revised – To be discussed further this week at SSPC. [Note: DMF-019
      voted out for publication public review on 29-January-2007 and included
      in SSPC-135-2004 Addendum I]

      Famous Times - DMF-028
      Started as simple DMF-05 and revised several times
      Has now been pushed back to BACnet Objects and Services Working Group.
      Discussion about whether to go back to simple version

      Tripped Status - STK-015
      Included in Lighting Object [Note: STK-015 voted out for publication
      public review on 29-January-2007 and included in SSPC-135-2004 Addendum I]

      HOA Status - STK-018
      In BACnet Objects and Services Working Group.

      Multiplexer object (STK-004), WriteGroup Service(DMF-032)
      WriteGroupMode Service and Control Group object (DMF-030)

      David Fisher presented DMF-037- Comparison of STK-004, DMF-032, and
      DMF-030 illustrating the pros and cons of each. Issue of speed on the
      wire was discussed and need for an unconfirmed broadcast that can affect
      multiple objects with different values simultaneously.

      Since current proposals serve similar functions, group was tasked with
      selecting or consolidating into one proposal. Discussion ensued.

      Decision to revise DMF-032:
      Create new "Channel Object" based on Multiplexer object. Channel objects
      would then reference other objects.
      Retain WriteGroup Service as unconfirmed broadcast to Channel object
      instances that belong to specific "group" referenced in service.
      WriteGroup service would contain list of Channel instances and values.
      David has concern over making value a type "any." Would prefer more
      specific types.

      David agreed to make modifications and submit revised proposal in
      DMF-032. STK-004 and STK-030 may then be withdrawn [Note: Formally
      withdrawn from SSPC-135 discussion on 29-Jan-2007].

      Next Meeting
      During week of April 23-27 – Germantown, Maryland. [Note: This date may
      be changed to the first week of May 2007 so that we can resolve any
      public review comments received from the completion of the SSPC-134-2004
      Addendum I public review which completes at the end of April 2007.]

      Participants - Affiliation
      --------------------------
      David Fisher - Polarsoft
      Coleman Brumley - Polarsoft
      Barry Bridges - Sebesta Bloomberg & Assoc.
      David Shike - TAG
      Bob Johnson - Siemens Building Technology
      Chris Chapman - Trend Control Systems
      Howard Coleman - Trane
      Gary Ditzler - Lumisys/ALC
      Cliff Copass - Johnson Controls
      Robert Hick - Leviton Lighting Systems
      Stuart Donaldson - Alerton
      Steve Treado - NIST
      Craig Gemmill - Tridium
      Pete Baselici - The WattStopper
      Steve Karg - Lithonia Lighting

      Meeting minutes submitted by Robert Hick. Edited by Steve Karg.