Meeting in Dallas

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2006
      Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

      We are scheduled to meet in the City View Room 5 (H4) of the Adam's Mark
      Hotel in Dallas, from Noon – 2 PM on Friday, January 26, 2007.

      Current agenda item:

      Come to Dallas prepared to debate and decide on a specific
      recommendation for writing to a group of objects. Specifically to decide
      about choosing which one(s) of the Multiplexer object (STK-004),
      WriteGroup Service(DMF-032), or WriteGroupMode Service and Control Group
      object (DMF-030) we recommend to SSPC 135, or to consolidate the three
      ideas into a single proposal. The problem that the SSPC has with
      accepting all three is that they all basically address the same issue of
      speed-on-the-wire and grouping, so only one idea (WriteGroup or
      Multiplexer) should go forward. David Fisher wrote a comparison of the
      three ideas in DMF-037. I wrote a comparison of four lighting control
      techniques which touches on the three ideas in STK-020. All documents
      are posted at the BACnet Lighting Applications YahooGroups site, and are
      also available on the BACnet FTP server at ftp.bacnet.org in the
      "2007-01 Dallas/LA-WG/" folder.

      Please post any additional agenda items to this list, or bring them up
      during our agenda review at the meeting.

      For those that would like to stay for other working group
      meetings, appended is the rest of the working group and SSPC schedule.

      ---------------------------------------
      SSPC 135 Working Group Meeting Schedule
      draft, 12/19/2006

      All meeting rooms are in the Adam's Mark Hotel and the hotel's
      conference center. Details of the meeting location can be found at the
      ASHRAE website:
      http://www.ashrae.org/

      Meeting room locations are indicated in parentheses: H indicates the
      hotel and C the hotel conference center, these are followed by the floor
      number.

      Check the ASHRAE meeting schedule for any last minute room changes.

      Thursday, January 25
      8 AM – Noon LSS-WG City View Room 7 (H4)
      Noon – 5 PM TI-WG "

      Friday, January 26 *
      8 AM – 5 PM BTL/TI-WG t.b.a.

      8 AM – 9 AM MSTP-WG Majestic Boardroom 7 (H37)
      9 AM – 1 PM XML-WG "

      8 AM – Noon LSS-WG City View Room 5 (H4) (Special SSPC session**)
      Noon – 2 PM LA-WG "

      Saturday, January 27
      8 AM – 4 PM SSPC 135 Majestic Boardroom 5 (H37)
      4 PM – 5 PM WN-WG "

      6:30? PM Group Dinner tbd

      Sunday, January 28
      8 AM – 10 AM WN-WG San Antonio B (C3)
      10 AM – 12 N NS-WG "
      1 PM – 3 PM IP-WG "
      3 PM – 5 PM OS-WG "

      8 AM – 10 AM UI-WG Houston B (C3)
      10 AM – 3 PM AP-WG "

      Monday, January 29
      8 AM – 12 N SSPC 135 San Antonio B (C3)

      * Please note that due to limited meeting times on Friday, no lunch
      break is scheduled.

      ** SSPC 135 is requested to attend this session to review object drafts
      to be presented in the plenary.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2007
        Hello BACnet Lighting Working Group!

        We met in the City View Room 5 (H4) of the Adam's Mark Hotel in Dallas,
        Texas, from Noon – 2 PM on Friday, January 26, 2007. Here are the
        minutes from the meeting. The minutes are also filed with SSPC-135
        BACnet committee as LA018.doc

        -----------------

        BACnet - Lighting Applications Working Group
        Meeting Minutes
        January, 26 2007
        Dallas, Texas

        LA-WG proposal discussions:

        Lighting Output Object - DMF-011
        Out for 45 day publication public review starting in February, 2007
        [Note: SSPC-135-2004 Addendum I].

        Binary Output Timeout Property - DMF-019
        Revised – To be discussed further this week at SSPC. [Note: DMF-019
        voted out for publication public review on 29-January-2007 and included
        in SSPC-135-2004 Addendum I]

        Famous Times - DMF-028
        Started as simple DMF-05 and revised several times
        Has now been pushed back to BACnet Objects and Services Working Group.
        Discussion about whether to go back to simple version

        Tripped Status - STK-015
        Included in Lighting Object [Note: STK-015 voted out for publication
        public review on 29-January-2007 and included in SSPC-135-2004 Addendum I]

        HOA Status - STK-018
        In BACnet Objects and Services Working Group.

        Multiplexer object (STK-004), WriteGroup Service(DMF-032)
        WriteGroupMode Service and Control Group object (DMF-030)

        David Fisher presented DMF-037- Comparison of STK-004, DMF-032, and
        DMF-030 illustrating the pros and cons of each. Issue of speed on the
        wire was discussed and need for an unconfirmed broadcast that can affect
        multiple objects with different values simultaneously.

        Since current proposals serve similar functions, group was tasked with
        selecting or consolidating into one proposal. Discussion ensued.

        Decision to revise DMF-032:
        Create new "Channel Object" based on Multiplexer object. Channel objects
        would then reference other objects.
        Retain WriteGroup Service as unconfirmed broadcast to Channel object
        instances that belong to specific "group" referenced in service.
        WriteGroup service would contain list of Channel instances and values.
        David has concern over making value a type "any." Would prefer more
        specific types.

        David agreed to make modifications and submit revised proposal in
        DMF-032. STK-004 and STK-030 may then be withdrawn [Note: Formally
        withdrawn from SSPC-135 discussion on 29-Jan-2007].

        Next Meeting
        During week of April 23-27 – Germantown, Maryland. [Note: This date may
        be changed to the first week of May 2007 so that we can resolve any
        public review comments received from the completion of the SSPC-134-2004
        Addendum I public review which completes at the end of April 2007.]

        Participants - Affiliation
        --------------------------
        David Fisher - Polarsoft
        Coleman Brumley - Polarsoft
        Barry Bridges - Sebesta Bloomberg & Assoc.
        David Shike - TAG
        Bob Johnson - Siemens Building Technology
        Chris Chapman - Trend Control Systems
        Howard Coleman - Trane
        Gary Ditzler - Lumisys/ALC
        Cliff Copass - Johnson Controls
        Robert Hick - Leviton Lighting Systems
        Stuart Donaldson - Alerton
        Steve Treado - NIST
        Craig Gemmill - Tridium
        Pete Baselici - The WattStopper
        Steve Karg - Lithonia Lighting

        Meeting minutes submitted by Robert Hick. Edited by Steve Karg.