Re: [BACnetLighting] Feedback DMF-011

    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 8 12:54 PM
      Hello Lighting Applications working group!

      DMF-011 - The BACnet Lighting Output object was voted out for public
      review today (13-0-2) at the SSPC 135 committee meeting in Atlanta,
      Georgia. We included the "Tripped" reliability status from STK-015. We
      still have some work to do adding the ANSI/ASHRAE 135.1 tests for this
      object, and getting the document into the correct format for public
      review. Thank you David Fisher of Polarsoft for continuing to work on
      this object. Thank you to the members of this working group for putting
      this object together and reviewing it.

      We also discussed STK-004 - Multiplexer object, DMF-032 - WriteGroup
      Service, DMF-030 - WriteGroupMode Service. The general consensus after
      a long discussion was that the Lighting Applications working group needs
      to re-convene to consolidate the three ideas into a single proposal.
      Although we can collaborate online or meet to discuss these at another
      venue, the next BACnet meeting is planned to be held January 27-31,
      2007, in Dallas, Texas. More details about a specific date and time for
      a meeting will be posted here as it becomes available. More details
      about the ASHRAE meeting in Dallas can be found on their website:
      http://www.ashrae.org/dallas

    • jbroeker2712
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 10 1:18 AM
        Hi Steve,

        as I mentioned in a previous discussion, I personally do not know of
        any specific application for On_Delay. The reason, why I suggested it
        is, that I have taken a look at lighting controllers for LonWorks and
        at least the ones I looked at have this feature. So I thought they
        must have a reason to implement that. Maybe that was naive ... ;-)

        Seriously, I do not have any objection if this property is removed.

        Best regards,

        Jörg

        p.s.: Did not find the time to review the current/new proposal. Since
        I am on vacation starting next week, I will have to take a look at it
        when I come back.

        --- In BACnetLighting@yahoogroups.com, Steve Karg <steve@...> wrote:

        > Hi Jörg (and other interested parties),
        >
        > > o On_Delay (REAL, seconds) Off_Delay (REAL, seconds): If the
        > > Present_Value is changed from 0 to some value greater than zero or
        vice
        > > versa the dim action is delayed for the time given in these
        properties.

        > We are discussing DMF-011-10 in SSPC 135 BACnet committee today, and
        are
        > discussing the use-case for On_Delay. The only use-case that we see is
        > using it for distributed start to keep the load from many Lighting
        > Output objects from creating a load spike.
        >
        > The objections of having an On_Delay property is that this use-case
        > should really be a client feature, not an end-point object feature,
        > since scheduling a lot of Lighting Output objects would happen once,
        for
        > example, in the morning. Any subsequent accesses to the Ligthing
        Output
        > objects would probably not need the On_Delay, and so On_Delay creates
        > more problems than it solves.
        >
        > Any discussion for or against having On_Delay property in the Lighting
        > Output object?
        >
        > Best Regards,
        >
        > Steve Karg
        > Lithonia Lighting

      • Langels, Hans-Joachim
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 11 10:18 AM
          Hello Steve,

          an On-Delay is not uncommon for output devices in the industry.

          Hence, I see value in keeping this Property.

          Best regards,
          Hans J. Langels

          Siemens AG
          A&D ET BC PM
          Product Management
          Siemensstrasse 10
          93055 Regensburg
          GERMANY

          FON: +49 (941) 790-2992
          FAX: +49 (941) 790-2603
          MOBILE: +49 (151) 121-32281
          EMAIL: Hans-Joachim.Langels@...

          Technische Dokumentation instabus EIB und Produktdatenbankeinträge für ETS
          http://www.ad.siemens.de/et/gamma/html_00/support/techdoku.htm

          Technical Documentation instabus EIB and productdatabase for ETS
          http://www.ad.siemens.de/et/gamma/html_76/support/techdoku.htm

          BACnetLighting-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          Yahoo! Groups Links