113Re: [BACnetLighting] Feedback DMF-011

  • craig.spangler@us.schneider-electric.com
    Nov 8, 2006
      Steve,

      We use the On_Delay in our lighting products. The main user of this feature is in large warehouses. It's not a "real" lighting application but here is how it is used. The large exhaust fans in warehouses have louvers that need opened before a fan starts and needs to close only after the fan stops. Typically the user will open the louvers 10 seconds before turning the fan on and wait a certain period of time after turning the fan off before closing them. I am not sure if there are other similar applications that are not lighting apps, but are used with lighting devices.

      Craig Spangler
      Staff Firmware Engineer
      Powerlink Group
      Square D / Schneider Electric

      Steve Karg <steve@...>
      Sent by: BACnetLighting@yahoogroups.com

      11/08/2006 10:45 AM

      Please respond to
      BACnetLighting@yahoogroups.com

      BACnetLighting@yahoogroups.com
      cc
      Subject
      Re: [BACnetLighting] Feedback DMF-011

      Hi Jörg (and other interested parties),

      > o On_Delay (REAL, seconds) Off_Delay (REAL, seconds): If the
      > Present_Value is changed from 0 to some value greater than zero or
      vice
      > versa the dim action is delayed for the time given in these properties.

      We are discussing DMF-011-10 in SSPC 135 BACnet committee today, and are
      discussing the use-case for On_Delay. The only use-case that we see is
      using it for distributed start to keep the load from many Lighting
      Output objects from creating a load spike.

      The objections of having an On_Delay property is that this use-case
      should really be a client feature, not an end-point object feature,
      since scheduling a lot of Lighting Output objects would happen once, for
      example, in the morning. Any subsequent accesses to the Ligthing Output
      objects would probably not need the On_Delay, and so On_Delay creates
      more problems than it solves.

      Any discussion for or against having On_Delay property in the Lighting
      Output object?

      This email has been scanned for SPAM content and Viruses by the MessageL
      abs Email Security System.