112Re: [BACnetLighting] Feedback DMF-011

    Nov 8, 2006
      Hi Jörg (and other interested parties),

      > o On_Delay (REAL, seconds) Off_Delay (REAL, seconds): If the
      > Present_Value is changed from 0 to some value greater than zero or vice
      > versa the dim action is delayed for the time given in these properties.

      We are discussing DMF-011-10 in SSPC 135 BACnet committee today, and are
      discussing the use-case for On_Delay. The only use-case that we see is
      using it for distributed start to keep the load from many Lighting
      Output objects from creating a load spike.

      The objections of having an On_Delay property is that this use-case
      should really be a client feature, not an end-point object feature,
      since scheduling a lot of Lighting Output objects would happen once, for
      example, in the morning. Any subsequent accesses to the Ligthing Output
      objects would probably not need the On_Delay, and so On_Delay creates
      more problems than it solves.

      Any discussion for or against having On_Delay property in the Lighting
      Output object?