Jacobus Backer

  • Eloise Nicolos
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10 10:30 AM
      Greetings, All. I am descended from Jacobus Backer through Henry Ba(c)ker
      >Henry Baker > Cornelius Baker > Abraham Baker > James Baker (1800-1876) >
      William Jacob Baker (1853-1922) > William Ver Planck Baker (1875-1946) and
      then William Laurence Baker (1910-1986).

      Most of my background information came from the book "The Baker Family and
      the Edgar Family of Rahway, N.J. and New York City", compiled by John
      Milnes Baker and published by Trumbull Publishing, Middletown, N. Y.
      (1972).

      My first curiosity is about my grandfather's middle name of Ver Planck. I
      have been told that it came from a grandmother or great-grandmother, etc.
      Some sources could be Lizzie E. Palmer (Hawkins) who married W. J. Baker,
      or her mother Catherine Canfield, who married John Palmer. OR Mary Baush
      who married James Baker, OR maybe even Anna Bonney who married Abraham
      Baker.

      Does anyone have a VER PLANCK connection to the BAKER line? I would like
      to learn about this part of our history. Thank you for your help.

      Sincerely,
      Eloise (Baker) Nicolos
      Shingle Springs, CA