NY Genealogical & Biographical Article

  • Audrey Shields Hancock
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 1999
      Hello, All,

      Just a short note to let you know that the latest edition of "The New York
      Genealogical & Biographical Record," Vol. 130, #2, April 1999, P. 99-108:
      "The Easy-Going Van Woggelums Again (continued from the previous article)
      contains information on Nicholas BACKER/BAKER/BAKKER, s/o Jacobus BACKER &
      Margaret STUYVESANT. I believe some of this information has already been
      discussed, but there is some new information here. This is a copyrighted
      article, so this needs to be kept in mind in discussions.

      Hope everyone is enjoying the summer. Grandchildren are keeping me busy
      since they are now living with us, so please share any info that you might
      have. If you haven't shared your lineage as yet or wish to post your
      lineage again, please post that and repeat any "brick walls" that exist for
      you...and many of us. There appears to have been two separate BAKER
      families that show up in Essex Co., NJ where many of our BACKER descendants
      also went.

      Audrey