Ishmael Baker

  • jwb.esq449
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2009
      I am trying to determine if Ishmael Baker of Pequannock Township, Morris County, NJ, is a descendant of Jacobus Backer-Baker of Rahway, NJ and New York City, NY. Ishmael Baker is shown on the Pequannock Township tax ratable list of 1802 and was probably born around 1782. He was marred to Hannah and they had a son named Ishmael around 1816 while they resided in Pequannock, NJ. Ishmael "Jr." was married to Rachael Cole and lived in Jefferson Township, Morris County, NJ in 1850. Both the Coles and the Bakers appear to have been of Dutch extraction.

      Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation.