Dark River is having an event. Please join us.

  • Danielle Lance
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2007
      The Shire of Dark River Presents ROM Rats
      Location: Camelot Campground
      2311 78th Ave. West, Rock Island, IL 61201 Campground Phone: 309- 787-0665
      Toll free 800-787-0605

      Reservations Camping Fee is per Tent. Camping both nights will be $25;
      camping one night will be $15. Fee includes site fees for everyone in tent.
      Non Camping Fee would be $3 per day. Non Member Fee $3 Children 10 and under
      are free. We are doing pre-registration for the tent camping.

      Dining: There will be a lunch available for $3.00 and a Pub Feast for $5.00.
      The Pub will hearty Stews, Bread, Cheese, Herb Butter, and Hedgehog Cake. We
      are asking people to bring a dish to share If there are four of you eating
      please bring enough food for four servings.

      The Days Activites include: Heavy Weapons, Fencing, a Rom Garb Contest, Garb
      a Stuffed Animal, A Story Telling Contest with Tales of the Great Rom Rat,
      Hand-kissing Contest. Classes include What it means to be Rom, Rom
      Superstitions, Dance Classes, Campfire Cooking, and Embroidery /
      Cross-Stitch

      There will be a Silent Auction. No merchant fee if they donate an item to
      the silent auction. Please make checks out to SCA Dark RiverChecks may be
      sent to Event Registration, c/o Jacque Chandler, 1211 31st Street, Rock
      Island, IL 61201. Inquries can be sent to AnnyseLionstone@... we have
      a email flyer just for you. Or if you must please call 309-786-4759.

      Directions to the site: Camp is located two miles from exit 11A, I-280, Rock
      Island, Illinois. Traveling on I-80 east or west take I-280 bypass to exit
      11A, (US Rt. 92) and proceed to traffic signal one mile. Turn left at light
      onto 78th Avenue West (Andalusia Road) proceed one mile to the KOA entrance
      on left. Look for large KOA sign at entrance.Coming from Chicago area on
      I-88? At junction of I-88 and I-80 take I-80 east about 5 miles to I-280
      west. Follow I-280 to exit 11A (after the airport exit) and proceed per
      above instructions.Coming on I-74? Take I-280 west and proceed to exit 11A.

      Contact Information
      Jacque Chandler
      309-786-4759
      Contact Reply Form
      Forward to a Friend
      View Other Flyers
      Location
      2311 78th Ave. West
      Rock Island , IL 61201
      View MapProfile
      Start Date and Time: Fri, Sep 14, 2007 03:00 PM - 03:00 PM CDTEnd Date: Sun
      Sep 16, 2007Purpose: SCA Event
      Danielle M. Lance
      May the road rise up to meet you…