Ayreton Area Activities - Updated and Correct

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2006
      MONDAYS

      ** Consort Music
      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse
      Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and
      Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first,
      as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be
      taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30
      to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to
      confirm.

      This month that is March 14 and the 28th.

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins
      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
      Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da
      Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city). Call
      312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels. The Scriptorium is
      open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal arts.
      You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the
      Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
      paint. You don't have to draw. You don't even have to do
      calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to
      buy anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of
      course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own
      supplies. From time to time we hold classes to teach various
      aspects of calligraphy and illumination. About the only request
      (per say) is you be active, encouraging, positive to others and
      yourself.

      Place: Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      WEDNESDAY MARCH 22.
      Thursday, April 6
      Thursday, April 27 (also moot)
      WEDNESDAY, May 3** NOTE Wed. May 3, not Thur. May 4 as normal
      Thursday, May 25 (also moot)
      Thursday, June 1
      Thursday, JUNE 29 (also moot)** NOTE June 29, not June 22 as normal

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...

      ** Sewing Guild

      March meeting dates is Thurdays March 23rd.

      They begin at 6:30 pm at Abbess Katherine' s house.

      1860 Eastman Lane Hanover Park, IL 60133
      630-855-0617

      Please RSVP 24 hours in advance by phone or email: knwkfw@...
      your plans to attend and whether you'll want to join us for dinner.

      BARDIC

      Ravenslake

      Hello,

      This is the last minute reminder about the Bardic circle this
      Friday, the
      17th. We are planning to start around 7 PM, at our house:

      Kyla Mead & Dycon Gestour
      2412 Dunlay Court
      Waukegan IL 60085
      (847)775-1598

      (Directions below.)

      We prefer a play, pick or pass format, but don't enforce it rigidly.
      We will be instituting the 'Wheel-o-fish' if people think it's
      funny. (Red snapper; very tasty!) I have several instruments
      available to lend, including a guitar, a harp, a lap dulcimer and a
      mandola.

      RSVP requested, BYOB. We will have munchies and some soda, please
      feel free
      to bring what you want to eat, and drink. There are currently no
      pets in this house. Smoking is outside only, an ashtray is provided.
      We will be in the basement, so dress warmly.

      Dycon has put a shield out.

      From the North / South:
      Take 94/41 or 294 to 120/Belvidere,
      Take 120 East to past Green Bay.
      Keller becomes McAree at Washington,
      Continue North to Dunlay,
      Dunlay is the first right past Washington. (Across from the 'El
      Paraiso'
      Mexican restaurant.)
      Dunlay is a "circle."
      We are on the island, on the far side, in the middle.
      White brick house with blue drapes on the right hand side windows.

      From the East / West:

      Best options to Washington,
      From the West, Take Washington East past Green Bay to Keller /
      McAree,
      Or if from the East Take Washington West past the 7-11 to Keller /
      McAree,
      Keller becomes McAree at Washington,
      Take McAree North to Dunlay,
      Dunlay is the first right past Washington. (Across from the 'El
      Paraiso'
      Mexican restaurant.)
      Dunlay is a "circle."
      We are on the island, on the far side, in the middle.
      White brick house with blue drapes on the right hand side windows.

      SHOE IN

      Sunday March 26th

      For the Shoe-in I'm planning for the end of March, I'd like to see a
      gathering to work on, think about, plan, share tools and techniques
      and generally have fun with shoes. I will be happy to provide
      whatever guidance I can and am interested in sharing what I know and
      learning whatever anyone can bring to share with others. Bring your
      leather, books or just yourself and questions. I'm not doing this
      to sell anything so I won't be able to provide raw materials, just
      in house tools, books and advice. If you have any more questions,
      contact me at:

      Jon/Seamus
      920 N 3rd Avenue
      Maywood, IL 60153
      jon@...
      (708) 344-8320

      DEMOs

      The Incipient Shire of Foxvale has been asked to provide a demo on
      medieval life for a home-school group in Joliet. The date of the
      demo is Thursday, April 27th. The timeframe they have given us is
      10:20 am - 12:15 pm.

      This is a church-based group; the first part of the time block is
      their devotional period, during which they suggested we do a segment
      on church history. The remainder of the time will be class and
      lunch. The class we will be addressing is about 20 students in the
      3rd-4th grade range; the more 'hands on' the presentation, the
      better.

      We will be demonstrating armor (construction, at least, and perhaps
      a bit of actual fighting if a marshall is available), dancing and
      games. We hope to have a variety of arts, crafts and sciences as
      well, depending on the skills of the good gentles who join us.
      Heraldry would be most welcome, as the students will be doing their
      own coat of arms projects. We have inquired about archery, and may
      do some cooking in conjunction with lunch.

      Anyone interested in participating in this demo should contact
      Berngard (called Moose), Coordinator of Demos & Displays for the
      Incipient Shire of Foxvale at danceswithwords42@.... (mka
      Dori Becker) and are urged to attend Foxvale Moot on March 21st
      (www.foxvale.org for details and directions).

      Information about the school group and their location is available
      at www.jaccinc.org

      CRYER'S NOTE

      I apologize if I have missed anyones announcements. As always feel
      free to contact me and I will do my best to make all corrections.
      Ayretontownecryer@... As always I will be happy to make any
      announcements that I am asked to make that are open inviations and
      are SCA activity related.