Re: [Ayreton] Ayreton Arts Martial

  • kevin purtrell
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 20, 2007
      TGS practice is on hiatus due to schedule conflicts, baby, glass blowing, etc.
      So everyone should go to Thieves Of Hearts instead.

      -Kevin Ambrozijwski, TGS Rapier Marshal

      ayretontownecryer <ayretontownecryer@...> wrote:
      SUNDAY

      ** GREY GARGOYLES -

           AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE AND A&S FUN

      (Pink fluffy bunny practice)

        The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site every Sunday of the month.  We call this the Ayreton Fighter Practice.

      This practice is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. every Sunday.  By about 2 p.m. there are other people to play with almost always.

      Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

          Be Warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) is subject to construction.  You may wish to take an alternate route.  Alternate directions can be found at :

      Please be aware that if you do take Lake Shore Drive as your alternate route Class "B" License Plates are NOT allowed on Lake Shore Drive.

        Ida Noyes Hall - 59th St. and Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL 60637

      - Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in South Chicago
      . Take I-90/I-90 and exit
      at
      Garfield Blvd. (55th St.)

      - Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.

      - Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.

      - At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway Plaisance (
      59th St.)

      - Go to Woodlawn Ave, turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

        Map Link
      http://grey- gargoyles. uchicago. edu/calendar/ #IDANOYES

      This is not the only practice in Ayreton.

      OTHER AYRETON PRACTICES ARE:

      ** RAVENSLAKE -

      Ravenslake practices will be the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month until further notice.

      April 22, 2007 are the next scheduled Ravenslake practices.

      The fighter practice location is at the same site the Thieves of Hearts use for their practice.

       Directions to the Ravenslake Practice!!

        http://thieves. ayreton.org/

      - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

      - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer and turn Right.

      - Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the school and turn left.

      - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door.
      ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _____

      MONDAY PRACTICE

      YOUTH BOFFER

      To All Youth Fighters and their parents:

      We have a new site for boffer fighting practice.  We will have practice now twice a month, on the first and third Mondays of the month from 6:30-8:30 p.m.  We now have 12-16 fighters coming to practice on a regular basis, with at least 2 fighters in each division regularly showing up.

      April-3rd and 5th Mondays
      May-14 Monday

      Location:

      Hope Presbyterian Church
      1771 S. Wiesbrook Road
      Wheaton, IL 60187

      Directions:  Coming from Butterfield Rd....The church is 2 blocks north of
      Butterfield Rd on the right. Wheaton-Warrenville South High School is on the
      west side of the road and the church is up on a hill across from the very back of the
      high school campus-this is the corner of Durfee and Wiesbrook.  On the corner of Wiesbrook and Butterfield is a little blue sign that says Hope Presbyterian Church.  Wiesbrook, which has a traffic light,  is West of Danada Square and east of the Blackwell Forest Preserve.

      Marshal in charge:  Acelina of Derelei  phone 630-378-5413.
      email djc137@...

      We sincerely want to Thank Fox Vale for giving us our starting location.  We
      simply grew too big for that site.  But without them, this wouldn't have happened.
      ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ______

      TUESDAY PRACTICES

      **  Thieves of Heart

      This is a Rapier and Heavy fighter practice now.  If you are a heavy fighter interested in this practice please contact Gintaras at gintarasthetaura@ hotmail.com

      Rapier - Spring is here and we can hear the faint sounds of grumbling from other kingdoms once called allies, once called enemies.

      At this past Tuesday's practice we had almost 40 participants between heavy and rapier.  We are expanding and we welcome more people.

      This practice is open to everyone and is currently training several newcomers in the basics of rapier as well as training more advanced skills.

      This is about having fun folks and it is an SCA practice and therefor open to everyone!

        Directions to the Thieves of Heart Practice!!

        http://thieves. ayreton.org/

        Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbroom North High School.  Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL

      - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

      - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer.

      - Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the
        school and turn left.

      - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the
         tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door,

      **  FOXVALE

      Foxvale has its practice site back.

      Please contact the heavy marshal for directions and times.

      Erick Maxskelly

      **  TREE GIRT SEA -

      The meeting site is: United Church Of Christ, 5320 West Giddings, Chicago, IL, 60630 (one block south & west of Milwaukee/Lawrence, near the blue line & Jefferson Park Station).

      Note, the church is continuing their pantry charity, so any canned goods or other non-perishable items will be accepted as donations.

      Questions can be Directed to the Tree Girt Sea Marshal of Fence Kevin Ambrozjewski.  His e-mail is kevinp9523@aol. com
      ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________

      WEDNESDAYS

      Ayreton Archery Practice.

      Hello all,

      I'm going to be holding official archery practices from 7ish til close, about 9pm @
      http://www.archeryc ustomshop. com/

      It's a cozy place with, good instructors, and enthusiastic staff. Full service pro shop, if Terry can't fix it, it's really broke. :) The range is only 20 yards, but what can you do in the city. Range fee is small $8 / hour. $0.50 for targets if you don't bring your own. Due to insurance, crossbows aren't allowed.

      Contact myself for additional information at
      scadougal@yahoo. com
      ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ____

      The Cryer can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com

      If you wish to be taken off of the announcement please send an e-mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com and put in the body that you are requesting to be removed from the announcement list.

      I got feds so far up my a$$, I can taste Brylcream.
      -Uncle Junior

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
    • ayretontownecryer
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 14, 2007
        There is Archery practice going on in the area.  I do apologize I can't seem to find the announcement request with the Schedule.

        YOUTH BOFFER

        Here is the summer schedule for youth boffer.....It takes place at 2 different spots.
        The months of June and July have the same 1st and 3rd Mondays that we always try to maintain.  Please note the other dates are different days of the week.  For Sunday practices: Sibeal and her family have a pool and have offered its use after the fighting sessions are over.  So, please bring your swim suit and enjoy!  The only requirement is that the parents must stay and supervise their children

        July: 16th (Mon), 22 (Sun)
        August:
        12th (Sun) and *26th ( Sun)
        *the 26th is our end of the summer potluck.  Our fighters enjoy each others company (and the parents like to chat as well!) and this gives them a relaxed chance to spend the last summer practice together!

        Two Places:
        1)
        Monday and Thursdays: these are all at Anna's house (same place as last years youth practices)
        630-527-7041
        (
        KCMalone3@...) if you have questions
        6:00-9:00 or dark
        address:
        6s054 Country Glen Dr.
        Naperville, IL  60563

        Just north and west of the Route 59 train station.  The first house on the right, facing Country Glen Dr.  You will see the chairs and fighters in the front as we use the side yard to fight in.

        2)
        Sundays: these are all at Sibeal's house
        630-364-2514
        (
        sibeal63@...)  if you have any questions
        1:30-until "tired"....fighting will probably go until about 3:30 or 4 and then swimming
        address:
        10S060 Alago Road
        Naperville, Il 60564

        Just off of 87th Street on the south side of the Springbrook Prairie preserve.  The house is on the west side of the street.  Fighting will be in the back yard.

        Acelina is the marshall in charge. Any questions for her can go to DJC137@....

        SUNDAY PRACTICES

        SHIRE OF GREY GARGOYLES

         AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE
          The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site every Sunday of the month.  We call this the Ayreton Fighter Practice.

        FOXVALE PRACTICES HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.  THIS PRACTICE IS ONE OF TWO SUGGESTED ALTERNATIVE FIGHTER PRACTICES.

[...]

        - Go to Woodlawn Avenue, Turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

          Map Link
        http://grey-gargoyles.uchicago.edu/calendar/#IDANOYES

        TUESDAY PRACTICES

           Thieves of Hearts Practice

        Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.  All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted.  Rapier and aspiring rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

        FOXVALE PRACTICES HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.  THIS PRACTICE IS ONE OF TWO SUGGESTED ALTERNATIVE FIGHTER PRACTICES.

        Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbroom North High School.  Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL

        Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very useful and helpful overhead map can be found at: http://thieves.ayreton.org/

        Text Directions are: