Activities in Ayreton

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2007
      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle and other A&S

      The Shire of Grey Gargoyles is back to hosting A&S fun. We have lots of indoor space, tables and plug ins.  This is designed to be a place to give you a chance to work on your projects and perhaps even finish them.  This is a laid back approach with others there willing to help up but it isn't designed as a teaching experience.

      ALL Arts and Sciences are MOST welcome to come as well.

      Along those lines calligraphy is being brought as well. This too is laid back and about getting your projects done but with someone there willing to help you learn and improve.

      Hope to see you there!

      Direction at:

      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on Monday evenings.

      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination

        2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

      Please join us April 24!

      WEDNESDAYS

      Heraldry Night

      Heraldry Nights are now being held on 2nd and 4th Wednesdays.

      We will be holding the heraldry meetings at the home of Lady Fiona ni Chiardubhain, 1305 Cherry Drive, Batavia, IL 60510 Phone #630-482-9503.  Lady Fiona is the new Escutcheon Herald of the Midrealm.  We will be reviewing Middle Kingdom submissions and commenting on other Kingdoms' submissions.

       The next scheduled meetings shall be April 25th

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins

      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).

      Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thursday April 19th (moot)
      Thursday May 10th *not the 1st week as normal*
      Thursday May 24th (moot)
      Thursday June 7th
      Thursday June 28th (moot)
      Thursday July 5th
      Thursday July 19th (moot) *3rd week instead of 4th as normal*

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona