Fwd: Viking activities - DEMO OPPORTUNITY

  • Erick Maxskelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13 6:36 PM

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Woods, Andrew <awoods@...>
      Date: Apr 13, 2007 5:30 PM
      Subject: Viking activities
      To: danceswithwords42@..., jeffnaggie@..., Erick Maxskelly < erickmaxskelly@...>

      First meeting of Friends of the Raven was April 12, 2007.

      The Viking ship Raven, is Magnus Anderson's 1893 reproduction of the 890 AD Gokstad ship.  She sailed from Norway to Chicago in 1893.

      At our first meeting, we discussed the history of the Viking ship Raven.  The attendees were staff at local parks and museums.

      The ship was at Lincoln Park Zoo until 1994.  The ship was moved to Good Templar Park on East Side Street, Geneva, Illinois.

      June 16th Vasa Park on Highway 31 in South Elgin will have a Viking event.  Last time they did this a Viking reenactment group had a reproduction ship on the Fox River.  I've been asked to man a table, in costume.

      June 17th Good Templar Park on East Side Street, Geneva, will have a Midsummer's day event.

      June 23rd during Swedish Days Good Templar Park on East Side Street, Geneva, will have another showing of the Viking ship Raven

      Good Templar Park asked if the SCA would be interested in doing a demo at the Viking ship.

      Please let us know if we can help you further in your military research.

      Andrew E. Woods

      Research Historian

      Colonel Robert R. McCormick Research Center

      Cantigny First Division Foundation

      1 S 151 Winfield Road

      Wheaton, IL 60187-6097

      Tel. (630)-260-8223 / Fax (630)-260-9298

      --
      Ld. Earik MacSkellie
      Squire to Sir Galem Lionel Ostwestly

      http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/michael.labny%40gmail.com/public/basic