Ayreton Area Activities

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 24 , May 29, 2006
      EVENT REQUESTS

      ** Ravenslake - Border Skirmish - June 23, 24, 25
      Border Skirmish III is looking for bards, skalds, storytellers,
      magicians and fools of every description. There will much
      fighting and eating, and therefore, much sitting around of
      people waiting to fight and eat.

      It is our goal to have no boredom at this event, so we are
      looking to entertain those people not currently occupied with
      stories, songs, magic and general foolishness. We would like
      such entertainers as are attending the event to give a hour
      of their time, or whatever they are willing to give, to
      entertain.
      Possible locations include the lunch pavilion, the various
      fight pavilions and perhaps the nobles pavilion, as well as
      strolling about the grounds entertaining random passers by.
      Anyone interested should contact me directly, or sign up at
      troll.
      Thanks,
      Kyla
      You can send e-mail to: skycat@...
      Here is the Border Skirmish website:
      http://caeranterth.northshield.org/Calendar/BorderSkirmish/index.html
      June 23rd - 25th, 2006
      325 Herbert Road, Lakemoor, IL
      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

        The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.  Currently we have a theme!  The theme at the moment, due to interest from lords and ladies alike, is to make Cote Hardies.  (Mispelling the fault of the towne cryer.)  While we have a theme that certainly doesn't limit what you can do.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!

        This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

        Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the space on Sundays as well.

      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

      This month that is May 9, 23 AND 30th.

      WEDNESDAYS

      Wednesdays

      ** Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.

      Experienced and new heralds are welcomed.  If you have any interest in heraldry, this is a great opportunity to learn about armory and the submission process.  We will be commenting on the Midrealm Internal Letters of Intent to practice and learn.

      ** Vanished Woods Project Night

      We are hosting a Project Night every Wednesday Night.  Bring your sewing, bring your chainmail rings, bring your illumination project or any other project!  We have space, we have sturdy tables, we have fun!  We have a sewing machine to loan.  We also tend to have rather interesting discussions.  This is a laid back evening intended to encourage ALL A&S projects (that can be worked on in our home - sorry, we can't encourage welding).  We are not experts, but we are great cheerleaders!  This is a great opportunity to set aside time to work on those things that you want to get done but are having trouble with in terms of motivation and/or setting aside time.  If you are looking for a project to start, we even might have the resources to get you started.

      Directions are posted on the Yahoo Ayreton calendar.  Children are welcome - we have two little ones who love to play.  Our cat and two small dogs will be sequestered.

      Thanks!  Onnen and Meurig

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins

      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
      Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thurs. June 1st
      Thurs. June 29th (also moot)  *NOTE: This is 5th Friday of the month,
      not the usual 4th Friday*
      Thurs. July 6th
      Thurs. July 27th (also moot)
      Thurs. August 3rd
      Thurs. August 24th (also moot)
      For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...
      CRYER'S NOTE

      I apologize if I have missed anyones announcements.  As always feel free to contact me and I will do my best to make all corrections.  Ayretontownecryer@...  As always I will be happy to make any announcements that I am asked to make that are open inviations and are SCA activity related.

      Open multiple messages at once with the all new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
    • Ayreton Towne Cryer
      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 6, 2006
[...]

        (Anyone have their contact information?)

        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 12, 2006
[...]

            The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!  YES! Ida Noyes is OPEN THIS SUMMER so there will STILL be plenty of plug - ins tables and space for anyone who wants to work on a project!

[...]

          This month that is June 13th and June 27th

          WEDNESDAYS

          Wednesdays

          ** Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.  Next meetings are scheduled for May 10th and 24th.

[...]

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Ayreton Towne Cryer
          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 20, 2006
            EVENT REQUESTS

            ** Ravenslake - Border Skirmish - June 23, 24, 25  THIS WEEKEND!!!
[...]

            This month that is May 23 AND 30th.

            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 26, 2006
[...]

              This month that is June 27.

[...]

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • Ayreton Towne Cryer
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 4, 2006
                SUNDAYS

                ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

                  The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.   PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  This past week at least two under dresses were cut out as well as other projects.  Come and Garb with us!

                  This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

                  Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the space on Sundays as well.

                MONDAYS

                ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
                    Monday night music will not be happening on July 10, or 17.  Back to
                    regular schedule on the 24th.
[...]

                ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

                The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on Wednesday evenings.

                Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
                Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 11, 2006
[...]

                  This month that is July 11 and 25

                  July 11th is a field trip so CALL FIRST please

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 17, 2006
                    SUNDAYS

                    ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

                      The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.   PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!

                      This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

                      Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the copious amount of space on Sundays as well.

                    MONDAYS

                    ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
                        Monday night music will not be happening on July 10, or 17.  Back to
                        regular schedule on the 24th.
                    Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

                    TUESDAYS

                    ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

                    This month that is July 25.

                    WEDNESDAYS

                    Wednesdays

                    ** Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.  Next Heraldry night is July 18

[...]

                    The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 24, 2006
[...]

                      ** Heraldry Night – on Hiatus until September

                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 30, 2006
                          SUNDAYS

                          ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

                          2 p.m. until the end of practice.

                            The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  The month of September the building is closed to us so it is recommended to bring projects you can work on by hand until the building is open again.

[...]

                              No practice this week.  There will be practice on August 22 and August 29th.

                          WEDNESDAYS

                          There are currently no announced activities on Wednesday nights. Heraldry and the Vanished Woods Project night are on hiatus until after the Labor Day Weekend.

                          THURSDAYS

                          ** The Pippins

                          A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
                          Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

                          ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

                          Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

                          Thursday, Sept. 7
                          Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
                          Thursday, Oct. 5
                          WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
                          WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
                          Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

                          Message 12 of 24 , Sep 5, 2006
                            Announcements and activities!  There are a good number of people that have activities that I am announcing.   Please e-mail me to let me know if the announcements are up to date and current.

                            Thank you!

[...]

                              2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm. This month practice will be held on September 12th and September 26th.

                            WEDNESDAYS

                            Project Night:  Vanished Woods Project Night will be offered this Wednesday, the 6th, at 6:30ish...  After this week, we will move Project Night to every second and fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project, tables will be provided as needed.  BYOB
                            and a dish to share.

                            While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we welcome everyone in the area - let's see what people are working on! We reside on the border of Vanished Wood and Ravenslake

                            From the south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.  Go north on Rt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake Cook Road.  Turn into the first apartment complex (Country Glen) and go straight into the complex.  Follow the signs to Bldg 2310 (turn before the 3rd speed bump).  Heraldry will be hanging on our balcony to help you identify us.  From the north, please email me at:

                            onnen.bach@... or call me at (847) 483-5279 for directions.  Mapquest will put you in a different suburb....

                            THURSDAYS

                            ** The Pippins

                            A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
                            Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

                            ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

                            Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

                            Thursday, Sept. 7
                            Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
                            Thursday, Oct. 5
                            WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
                            WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
                            Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

                            For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...

                            SATURDAY

                            Games Night:

                            Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games Night.  Each month we will learn one or two medieval board
                            games, appropriate for children and adults.  Cloth "boards" will be made up and available to take home.  Again, BYOB and a dish to share -

                            Games night starts around 6:30ish.  For directions, see above.  We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented.  This week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

                          • ayretontownecryer
                            Message 13 of 24 , Sep 11, 2006
                              Announcements and activities! There are a good number ofpeople that
                              have activities that I am announcing. Pleasee-mail me to letme
                              know if the announcements are up to dateand current.Thank you!

                              SUNDAYS

                              ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle2 p.m. until the end of practice. The
                              Garb Circle is a continuing venture now. PLEASE bringany garb
                              project you would like to work on.

                              The month ofSeptember the building is closed to us so it is
                              recommendedto bring projects you can work on by hand until the
                              buildingis open again. This is designed to be a low key way for
                              people to work ontheir sewing projects and to learn from each other.

                              It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.
                              However,anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to
                              makegarb is more than welcome!

                              MONDAYS

                              ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music

                              Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse
                              Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and
                              Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first,
                              as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

                              Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

                              ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous ConsumptionThe Silver
                              Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten,
                              twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is
                              waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and
                              related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.Location:
                              The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.

                              Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

                              TUESDAYS

                              ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights
                              from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-
                              0125 to confirm.

                              This month practice will be held on September 12th and September
                              26th.

                              WEDNESDAYS

                              Currently there are no activities being announced for Wednesday.

                              THURSDAYS

                              ** Vanished Woods Project NightProject Night to every second and
                              fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project,tables will be
                              provided as needed. BYOB and a dish to share.

                              While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we
                              welcome everyonein the area - let's see what people are working on!

                              We reside on the border of VanishedWood and Ravenslake From the
                              south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.
                              Go north onRt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake
                              Cook Road. Turn into the firstapartment complex (Country Glen) and
                              go straight into the complex. Follow the signsto Bldg 2310 (turn
                              before the 3rd speed bump). Heraldry will be hanging on our
                              balconyto help you identify us.

                              From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
                              at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
                              different suburb....

                              ** The Pippins

                              A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every
                              Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza,located in
                              Andersonville (north side of the city).Call 312-259-6688 for more
                              information.

                              ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium The Scriptorium is composed of all skill
                              levels. The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any
                              aspect of the scribal arts.

                              You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the
                              Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
                              paint. You don't have to draw.You don't even have to do
                              calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to
                              buy anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of
                              course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own
                              supplies. From time to time we hold classes to teach various
                              aspects of calligraphy and illumination. About the only request
                              (per say) is you beactive, encouraging, positive to others and
                              yourself.

[...]

                              From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

                              From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
                              at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
                              different suburb....
                            • Dayle Harding
                              Message 14 of 24 , Sep 12, 2006
                                Ian--
                                The youth practice didn't get mentioned.  Did I miss it?

                                ____________ _________ _________ _________ ____

                                ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

                                From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me

                                svalentine_98@ yahoo.com
                                ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

                                SATURDAY

                                **Games Night:

                                Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of
                                the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend
                                within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games
                                Night. Each month we will learn one or two medieval board games,
                                appropriate for children and adults. Cloth "boards" will be made up
                                and available to take home. Again, BYOB and a dish to share -Games
                                night starts around 6:30ish.

                                We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented. This
                                week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

                                From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

                                From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me