Re: [Ayreton] Re: Pennsic and heavy fighters

  • Dayle Harding
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 30, 2007
      Purple--

      Maybe this happened when you weren't in the area, but I believe that it was made QUITE clear that any and all of the practices that are announced on this site, as well as any guild meetings, other practices, or get togethers in general are for all of Ayreton to attend if they wish.  When Ian started collecting these things, he was on each of the local groups email groups, and was more than generous with his time to compile a list of whatever anyone sent him.  If the people in the group did not send it to him, it wasn't posted.  All postings were made with the idea that if it was on there, it was for all.  Otherwise, why bother.

      Is that enough reinforcement for you?
      Acelina

      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 30, 2007
        It is a semantic difference.

        However, when you're talking about the title-ing of something, semantics is important.

        Calling one of the practices in the Areyton area THE Areyton practice leads to the conclusion that other practices, while inviting to Areyton members, are -not- Areyton practices.

        It's like a university including non-affiliated club meetings in a newsletter for informational purposes.

        On 3/30/07, Dayle Harding <acelinaofderelei@...> wrote:

        Purple--

        Maybe this happened when you weren't in the area, but I believe that it was made QUITE clear that any and all of the practices that are announced on this site, as well as any guild meetings, other practices, or get togethers in general are for all of Ayreton to attend if they wish.  When Ian started collecting these things, he was on each of the local groups email groups, and was more than generous with his time to compile a list of whatever anyone sent him.  If the people in the group did not send it to him, it wasn't posted.  All postings were made with the idea that if it was on there, it was for all.  Otherwise, why bother.

        Is that enough reinforcement for you?
        Acelina

        > Would any of the groups wish to re-establish the once-a-month
        > rotating Ayerton practice?
        >
        > Guy Dawkins

        If we want to reenforce the concept that Ayreton is ALL of the Chicago-land
        groups, and not just TGS and GG, then yes.

        Or make sure that it's entirely clear that ALL chicago-land group practices
        are Ayreton practices.

        Oh, what a goofy work is man. (The Tick!)

        with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

      • em
        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 31, 2007
          I don't really think it matters what the practices are called. If
          someone wants to fight the times and locations of where and when they
          can do so are clearly listed in the yahoo group postings. There are
          multiple locations and times throughout the week to work into anyone's
          schedule or travel limitations. I don't think many fighters would
          care if the practice was called "The Pink Fuzzy Bunny Practice" as
          long as there were other people there to hit with sticks.

          Mei Li
        • Sheehan, Justin
          Message 4 of 30 , Mar 31, 2007
            I submit that we promptly rename all practices "The Official Pink Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it really doesn't matter!

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 30 , Mar 31, 2007
              The pink fuzzy bunny weapons masters might object...

              ____________ _________ _________ __

              I don't really think it matters what the practices are called. If
              someone wants to fight the times and locations of where and when they
              can do so are clearly listed in the yahoo group postings. There are
              multiple locations and times throughout the week to work into anyone's
              schedule or travel limitations. I don't think many fighters would
              care if the practice was called "The Pink Fuzzy Bunny Practice" as
              long as there were other people there to hit with sticks.

              Mei Li

              No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.23/740 - Release Date: 3/30/2007 1:15 PM
            • Sir Ix
              Message 6 of 30 , Apr 1, 2007
                >I submit that we promptly rename all practices "The Official Pink
                >Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it really doesn't matter!

                Only if that can be for all the Midlands! I want Pinkf Fuzzy Bunny
                Practice with sticks and steel, but they can be unofficial :)
                --
                Sir Ixtilixochitl
                Midlands - http://www.themidlands.org

                (Bo Ring - TriLutions - http://www.galesburg.net)
              • Christian Fournier
                Message 7 of 30 , Apr 1, 2007
                  I submit that we promptly rename all practices "The Official Pink Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it really doesn't matter!

                  Sorry, Justin, but that name is already taken-- there's a group from Georgia, who camp on Runestone Hill  at Pennsic (you have to walk through their camp, sort of, to get to mine) called Pink Fuzzy Bunny.  I wouldn't want to cause any confusion....

                   XF
                • Johannes Machiavelli
                  Message 8 of 30 , Apr 1, 2007
                    OK

                    Pink Fuzzy Bunny is out.

                    What about "Fushia Fluffy Weasleope Practice, With
                    Sticks"

                    Johannes

                    ::Grin::

                    --- Christian Fournier <cf@...> wrote:

                    > > I submit that we promptly rename all practices
                    > "The Official Pink
                    > > Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it
                    > really doesn't matter!
                    >
                    > Sorry, Justin, but that name is already taken--
                    > there's a group from
                    > Georgia, who camp on Runestone Hill at Pennsic (you
                    > have to walk
                    > through their camp, sort of, to get to mine) called
                    > Pink Fuzzy
                    > Bunny. I wouldn't want to cause any confusion....
                    >
                    > XF

                    Get your own web address.
                  • Johannes Machiavelli
                    Message 9 of 30 , Apr 1, 2007
                      OK

                      Pink Fuzzy Bunny is out.

                      What about "Fushia Fluffy Weasleope Practice, With
                      Sticks"

                      Johannes

                      ::Grin::

                      --- Christian Fournier <cf@...> wrote:

                      > > I submit that we promptly rename all practices
                      > "The Official Pink
                      > > Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it
                      > really doesn't matter!
                      >
                      > Sorry, Justin, but that name is already taken--
                      > there's a group from
                      > Georgia, who camp on Runestone Hill at Pennsic (you
                      > have to walk
                      > through their camp, sort of, to get to mine) called
                      > Pink Fuzzy
                      > Bunny. I wouldn't want to cause any confusion....
                      >
                      > XF

                      8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
                    • Sheehan, Justin
                      Message 10 of 30 , Apr 1, 2007
                        The Official Ayreton Vaguely Teal Shorthair Guinea Pigs Practice, With Sticks and Steel and Sometimes Plastic-We-Know-it-Isn't-Period-but-Neither-is-Your-Prius

                        For the win!

                        ________________________________

                        --- Christian Fournier <cf@... <mailto:cf%40klocktower.org> > wrote:

                        > > I submit that we promptly rename all practices
                        > "The Official Pink
                        > > Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it
                        > really doesn't matter!
                        >
                        > Sorry, Justin, but that name is already taken--
                        > there's a group from
                        > Georgia, who camp on Runestone Hill at Pennsic (you
                        > have to walk
                        > through their camp, sort of, to get to mine) called
                        > Pink Fuzzy
                        > Bunny. I wouldn't want to cause any confusion....
                        >
                        > XF

                        Get your own web address.
                        http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL <http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL>