Re: Pennsic and heavy fighters

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 29, 2007
      The reason that I started e-mailing people was to get the practices
      synched up. Even with that effort people were still confused and
      attendance was down compared to the weeks where practices were not
      being rotated.

      I think should all pitch in on this idea and if that is what people
      want to do sure, lets do it. I'll make the announcements again.

      As an individual, - me - I personally think we shouldn't.

      Just my personal opinion.

      Ian

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "David Valenta" <dvalenta@...> wrote:

      > Would any of the groups wish to re-establish the once-a-month
      > rotating Ayerton practice?
      >
      > Guy Dawkins
      >
      > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, AlexdeSet@ wrote:
      > >
      > > By no means. It seems I am incorrect; I am told that because the
      GG
      > practice includes TGS and VW, it is the Ayreton Practice."I believe
      > the reason the grey gargoyle/ ida noyes
      > > practice is termed "The ayerton practice", is because
      > > it also is the official vanished wood and( im fairly
      > > sure) the TGS practice for heavy as well. Thus even
      > > though its grey gargoyles' site, they have graciously
      > > let us piggy back onto it on a regular basis, thus
      > > causing it to have aquired the more inclusive ayerton
      > > name to reflect us joining them."
      > > Is mise le meas,
      > > Alexander

    • Drew
      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 29, 2007
        > Would any of the groups wish to re-establish the once-a-month
        > rotating Ayerton practice?
        >
        > Guy Dawkins

        If we want to reenforce the concept that Ayreton is ALL of the Chicago-land
        groups, and not just TGS and GG, then yes.

        Or make sure that it's entirely clear that ALL chicago-land group practices
        are Ayreton practices.

        Oh, what a goofy work is man. (The Tick!)
      • ayretontownecryer
        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 30, 2007
          > If we want to reenforce the concept that Ayreton is ALL of the
          >Chicago-land groups, and not just TGS and GG, then yes.
          >
          > Or make sure that it's entirely clear that ALL chicago-land group
          > practices are Ayreton practices.

          > --
          > Oh, what a goofy work is man. (The Tick!)

          I believe if one reads the Ayreton Arts Martial Announcements that it
          is perfectly clear that all the practices are Ayreton Arts Martial
          Practices as the subject lines are wont to note in and of themselves.

          I will point out, as it was pointed out by Kiyohare this past week,
          that the "Ayreton Practice" is a combined practice of the Province of
          Tree Girt Sea, Grey Gargoyles AND Vanished Woods. As this is half
          the groups of Ayreton practicing in one spot it was felt that it was
          acceptable to call this the Ayreton Practice.

          I make it abundently clear, or at least I try to, in my Ayreton
          announcements that this is NOT the only practice in the Ayreton Area
          and advertise the Ravenslake, TGS, Thieves of Hearts etc etc etc
          practices as well on all my Arts Martial announcements including not
          just Heavy and Rapier but Boffer and archery as well. As yet I have
          not been requested to make Thrown weapons announcements but would
          happily do so.

          The fact that the announcement is made with the title Ayreton Arts
          Martial already puts the practice as an Arts Martial Practice in
          Ayreton. And as I previously stated, I go out of my way to state
          that there are other Ayreton Arts Martial practices besides the
          Ayreton Practice hosted by the Shire of Grey Gargoyles.

          So it is already well advertised that all the groups of Ayreton that
          have any form of Arts Martial practice ARE indeed Ayreton practices.

          Ian the Green

          Ayreton Towne Cryer
        • Drew Nicholson
          Message 4 of 30 , Mar 30, 2007
            > I will point out, as it was pointed out by Kiyohare this past week,
            > that the "Ayreton Practice" is a combined practice of the Province of
            > Tree Girt Sea, Grey Gargoyles AND Vanished Woods. As this is half
            > the groups of Ayreton practicing in one spot it was felt that it was
            > acceptable to call this the Ayreton Practice.

            Simply logic rules state that if you call something THE Areyton
            practice, other things cannot also be Areyton practices.

            IMO, the GG/TGS/VW practice at Grey Gargoyles should be called, well,
            the GG/TGS/VW practice.

            When we had the rotating practices, suddenly people didn't want to go
            to Ravenslake, and it felt to me like that group was being "excluded"
            from being party of Areyton in practice, if not in name.

            Now they may -be- part of Areyton in name -- but, apparently, not in practice.
          • Dayle Harding
            Message 5 of 30 , Mar 30, 2007
              Purple--

              Maybe this happened when you weren't in the area, but I believe that it was made QUITE clear that any and all of the practices that are announced on this site, as well as any guild meetings, other practices, or get togethers in general are for all of Ayreton to attend if they wish.  When Ian started collecting these things, he was on each of the local groups email groups, and was more than generous with his time to compile a list of whatever anyone sent him.  If the people in the group did not send it to him, it wasn't posted.  All postings were made with the idea that if it was on there, it was for all.  Otherwise, why bother.

              Is that enough reinforcement for you?
              Acelina

              > Would any of the groups wish to re-establish the once-a-month
              > rotating Ayerton practice?
              >
              > Guy Dawkins

              If we want to reenforce the concept that Ayreton is ALL of the Chicago-land
              groups, and not just TGS and GG, then yes.

              Or make sure that it's entirely clear that ALL chicago-land group practices
              are Ayreton practices.

              Oh, what a goofy work is man. (The Tick!)

              with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.
            • Drew Nicholson
              Message 6 of 30 , Mar 30, 2007
                It is a semantic difference.

                However, when you're talking about the title-ing of something, semantics is important.

                Calling one of the practices in the Areyton area THE Areyton practice leads to the conclusion that other practices, while inviting to Areyton members, are -not- Areyton practices.

                It's like a university including non-affiliated club meetings in a newsletter for informational purposes.

                On 3/30/07, Dayle Harding <acelinaofderelei@...> wrote:

                Purple--

                Maybe this happened when you weren't in the area, but I believe that it was made QUITE clear that any and all of the practices that are announced on this site, as well as any guild meetings, other practices, or get togethers in general are for all of Ayreton to attend if they wish.  When Ian started collecting these things, he was on each of the local groups email groups, and was more than generous with his time to compile a list of whatever anyone sent him.  If the people in the group did not send it to him, it wasn't posted.  All postings were made with the idea that if it was on there, it was for all.  Otherwise, why bother.

                Is that enough reinforcement for you?
                Acelina

                > Would any of the groups wish to re-establish the once-a-month
                > rotating Ayerton practice?
                >
                > Guy Dawkins

                If we want to reenforce the concept that Ayreton is ALL of the Chicago-land
                groups, and not just TGS and GG, then yes.

                Or make sure that it's entirely clear that ALL chicago-land group practices
                are Ayreton practices.

                Oh, what a goofy work is man. (The Tick!)

                with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

              • em
                Message 7 of 30 , Mar 31, 2007
                  I don't really think it matters what the practices are called. If
                  someone wants to fight the times and locations of where and when they
                  can do so are clearly listed in the yahoo group postings. There are
                  multiple locations and times throughout the week to work into anyone's
                  schedule or travel limitations. I don't think many fighters would
                  care if the practice was called "The Pink Fuzzy Bunny Practice" as
                  long as there were other people there to hit with sticks.

                  Mei Li
                • Sheehan, Justin
                  Message 8 of 30 , Mar 31, 2007
                    I submit that we promptly rename all practices "The Official Pink Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it really doesn't matter!

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 30 , Mar 31, 2007
                      The pink fuzzy bunny weapons masters might object...

                      ____________ _________ _________ __

                      I don't really think it matters what the practices are called. If
                      someone wants to fight the times and locations of where and when they
                      can do so are clearly listed in the yahoo group postings. There are
                      multiple locations and times throughout the week to work into anyone's
                      schedule or travel limitations. I don't think many fighters would
                      care if the practice was called "The Pink Fuzzy Bunny Practice" as
                      long as there were other people there to hit with sticks.

                      Mei Li

                      No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.23/740 - Release Date: 3/30/2007 1:15 PM
                    • Sir Ix
                      Message 10 of 30 , Apr 1 7:36 AM
                        >I submit that we promptly rename all practices "The Official Pink
                        >Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it really doesn't matter!

                        Only if that can be for all the Midlands! I want Pinkf Fuzzy Bunny
                        Practice with sticks and steel, but they can be unofficial :)
                        --
                        Sir Ixtilixochitl
                        Midlands - http://www.themidlands.org

                        (Bo Ring - TriLutions - http://www.galesburg.net)
                      • Christian Fournier
                        Message 11 of 30 , Apr 1 4:35 PM
                          I submit that we promptly rename all practices "The Official Pink Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it really doesn't matter!

                          Sorry, Justin, but that name is already taken-- there's a group from Georgia, who camp on Runestone Hill  at Pennsic (you have to walk through their camp, sort of, to get to mine) called Pink Fuzzy Bunny.  I wouldn't want to cause any confusion....

                           XF
                        • Johannes Machiavelli
                          Message 12 of 30 , Apr 1 7:41 PM
                            OK

                            Pink Fuzzy Bunny is out.

                            What about "Fushia Fluffy Weasleope Practice, With
                            Sticks"

                            Johannes

                            ::Grin::

                            --- Christian Fournier <cf@...> wrote:

                            > > I submit that we promptly rename all practices
                            > "The Official Pink
                            > > Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it
                            > really doesn't matter!
                            >
                            > Sorry, Justin, but that name is already taken--
                            > there's a group from
                            > Georgia, who camp on Runestone Hill at Pennsic (you
                            > have to walk
                            > through their camp, sort of, to get to mine) called
                            > Pink Fuzzy
                            > Bunny. I wouldn't want to cause any confusion....
                            >
                            > XF

                            Get your own web address.
                          • Johannes Machiavelli
                            Message 13 of 30 , Apr 1 7:41 PM
                              OK

                              Pink Fuzzy Bunny is out.

                              What about "Fushia Fluffy Weasleope Practice, With
                              Sticks"

                              Johannes

                              ::Grin::

                              --- Christian Fournier <cf@...> wrote:

                              > > I submit that we promptly rename all practices
                              > "The Official Pink
                              > > Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it
                              > really doesn't matter!
                              >
                              > Sorry, Justin, but that name is already taken--
                              > there's a group from
                              > Georgia, who camp on Runestone Hill at Pennsic (you
                              > have to walk
                              > through their camp, sort of, to get to mine) called
                              > Pink Fuzzy
                              > Bunny. I wouldn't want to cause any confusion....
                              >
                              > XF

                              8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
                            • Sheehan, Justin
                              Message 14 of 30 , Apr 1 8:45 PM
                                The Official Ayreton Vaguely Teal Shorthair Guinea Pigs Practice, With Sticks and Steel and Sometimes Plastic-We-Know-it-Isn't-Period-but-Neither-is-Your-Prius

                                For the win!

                                ________________________________

                                --- Christian Fournier <cf@... <mailto:cf%40klocktower.org> > wrote:

                                > > I submit that we promptly rename all practices
                                > "The Official Pink
                                > > Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it
                                > really doesn't matter!
                                >
                                > Sorry, Justin, but that name is already taken--
                                > there's a group from
                                > Georgia, who camp on Runestone Hill at Pennsic (you
                                > have to walk
                                > through their camp, sort of, to get to mine) called
                                > Pink Fuzzy
                                > Bunny. I wouldn't want to cause any confusion....
                                >
                                > XF

                                Get your own web address.
                                http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL <http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL>