Begining Rapier Class This Sunday @ 2:30

  • Valerie
    Message 1 of 4 , May 25, 2006
      Just a reminder that the begining rapier class will be this sunday at
      2:30

      Due to the holidays I've been slowing down so that way if you have
      missed a bit you can still easily jump right back in.

      Currently this is what I have planned for Sunday.

      Attack Drills
      Lunge W/Sword
      Tennis Ball Game-Point Control
      Basic Attacks-
      Calibration hitting the wall
      Breaking the Wrist
      Attack From Parry Positions
      Attack While Parrying(Explain the true edge concept)
      Attacking While Moving
      Turning the Body to Gain Distance

      Defense Drills
      Review Parries 1-4
      Body Voids
      Stepping Offline
      Removing the Target Area
      Parry With Sword and Body

      Equipment and Armor Overview.

      Getting People out there to fight.
    • Valerie
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2006
        Begining Rapier Class will continue this sunday starting at 2:30

        This will be class number 5 with just one more week to officially go
        after this. This weeks class topic's will include the following.

        Slope paces
        Disenages
        Counter Attacks
        Expanded Parries- Including the hands, body, blades etc..
        Expanded Blade work/Footwork
        Concepts of the Tactical Wheel
        New Games with the Rope :)

        Also I will be opening Discussions for the Mental Game of Rapier and
        working on a few techniques to develope confidence. Also I will also
        be going over armor and equipment and basic's of how to keep you
        equipment in good condition.

        At the end of class I'd also like to get peoples feed back on the
        possibility of starting a beginer's melee class to start after the
        intro to rapier is complete. If you can not be there this sunday and
        are interested in this please email me off list to let me know.

        I Look Forward to seeing you all sunday.

        Cheers!
        Moira O'Dorran GRM
      • Valerie